Beware of this chap........

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Beware of this chap........

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2007, 4:46 pm

Mike Bain
Stoney Creek, ON, Canada

Paid for some stuff 10-12 weeks ago.

Never posted anything nor received a dime in refund.

Got some excuses like sickness in the family, earthquakes, planes crahing...(things similar if not crazyier).

I gave him benefit of doubt for a while then had to file a case in paypal.

Guess what ?

He didn't have a cent in his account to support the refund.

Would advise to steer away if you ever came across dealing with him.

:genii:

Re: Beware of this chap........

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2007, 7:22 pm

That's too bad. I believe he won't be able to use that account until he does fix the situation but he could abandon it, I suppose.

Paypal is very much in favor of the buyer and you can easily get a refund.... unless this happens.

Better luck next time.

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2007, 8:54 pm

He's a municipal law enforcement officer? :whack:

See: http://profiles.yahoo.com/wildwolf_magic

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2007, 4:00 am

Thats the chap.

I don't know about his profession or what he does.

:genii:

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2007, 7:44 am

I would suggest this: Send him a registered letter with your demands - probably a full refund would be better because who can trust his merchandise at this point.

Give him a time limit, a date specific. Inform him that absent a full refund you will contact any and all law enforcement agencies in the matter including his own. Police agencies don't like their employees being flakes or what can appear to be a deliberate fraud. Indicate that you'll be contacting the local press as well.

Once that time passes then fulfill your promises. If he's smart enough, he'll refund your money. If not, he could lose his job or be embarrassed in the local press.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”