Having trouble with a dealer

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Stefan Sprenger

Having trouble with a dealer

Postby Stefan Sprenger » June 7th, 2004, 3:26 pm

I do not know if this is the right place to post this or if it is correct to post it at all?

I ordered something from Ron Allesi who has a website for second hand magic items.

My order went out sometime in december and i paid via paypal right away i even told him to ensure the package which he supposedly did. But after some inquerries all of a sudden he does not answer my emails anymore. Has anybody ever dealt with this man before, since i am from germany my leverage is pretty weak, can you tell me what i can do to get my order or my money back?

If this is not appropriate please delete this massege or move it to the right spot and excuse my bad english.

Best

Stefan

Re: Having trouble with a dealer

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2004, 3:43 pm

WOW...I'm so shocked that you had a problem with Ron Allesi. I've been buying from him for a LONG time (okay, Ron, it's been a while, I know...), and never had a problem at all. Did you send him an email and ask your questions? I've always found him to be very honest and prompt to deal with. The opposite of what I discovered about another M agic C ollector...heh heh heh

Steve Thomas

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2004, 4:03 pm

Stefan,

I am sure there is an explanation. I have been buying from Ron for 20 years and never a single problem. I know he has moved his business a couple of times in the past year, so maybe your e-mails were lost in the shuffle. Be sure you are using the correct e-mail address and you can always try calling him. His number and other info are posted in the "contact us" section on his website.

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Like the others I am a fan of Ron's. He is first class all the way.they don't come any better :genii: :genii:

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 7th, 2004, 4:46 pm

I, too, have bought many things from Ron and never had a problem. Have you tried calling his phone number?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2004, 5:20 pm

I've purchased from Ron a few times and all of my transactions have been perfect. Some neat finds and some fairly good prices, too!

Eric Wolf

Postby Eric Wolf » June 7th, 2004, 10:08 pm

I have purchased many items from Ron over a period of years and he tends to be quite good to deal with.

Jinx

Postby Jinx » June 8th, 2004, 9:55 am

I've not had a major problem with Ron, but he has made is quite clear recently that he'd prefer not to deal with us folk from foriegn parts!
"There's a lot of good magic in that book, to bad you have to have skill to do most of it".

Stefan Sprenger

Postby Stefan Sprenger » June 8th, 2004, 10:15 am

HI,

thanks for your answers.

At first i had the same impression, everything went fine, but the stuff just did not arrived, so i asked what happend and he did answer promptly. I also noticed that his email changed twice. But lately he just does not answer any of my mails?

No i have not tried calling him, but i guess that is what i will have to do next!

Thanks again,

Stefan

PS: If anyone does know him personaly, maybe you could ask him?

Ronal

Postby Ronal » June 8th, 2004, 9:25 pm

In response to this gentleman who one would think lost a million dollars, for which it was only $79 perhaps. I issued him a refund through Paypal as he issued his payment, even though the postal system has ignored his loss request, and he did not accept the refund. It was returned to my account because he did not respond and accept the refund. I have no control over foreign orders and that is the reason I do not want to deal with overseas. The shipping is prohibited and nobody will pay the requested amounts. I would be happy to again offer a refund but if it isn't picked up this time....please get a life!

Thank you guys for all your support and kind words. I never cheated anyone in my life and don't intent to start on this guy!

Regards,
Ron Allesi

Bo Jonsson

Postby Bo Jonsson » June 8th, 2004, 10:43 pm

I have recently bought a fine apparatus from Ron Allesi and I am very happy with his handling and service. As I live in Sweden I hope that Ron will continue to sell some of his fine stuff to Europe.

Bo Jonsson

Stefan Sprenger

Postby Stefan Sprenger » June 9th, 2004, 12:04 am

Hi everyone,

as i have told Ron in an email, i never got an email form paypal about a refund, so i could not respond.

I guess these where just a series of bad coincidences.

The ammount of money does not matter to me, its more about principle, and i would realy have like to recieve the item.

I hope there are no hard feelings!

Best

Stefan

Chris Bailey

Postby Chris Bailey » June 9th, 2004, 5:33 am

Wow Ron, $79 might not be a lot of money to you but to some it's more then enough to make enquiries. Telling the guy to get a life isn't very businesslike either. I got the impression he was pretty patient since his order went out in December and it's now June.

Postby Guest » June 9th, 2004, 7:26 am

Originally posted by Ronal:
I would be happy to again offer a refund but if it isn't picked up this time....please get a life!
Wow,

Unless I am completely illiterate, I saw nothing in your customer's inquiry that even hinted of the rudeness displayed here.

Charles Spector

Postby Charles Spector » June 9th, 2004, 7:53 am

Ron,

Paypal has serious problems when it comes to sending out an email when somebody has money added or taken out of their account. I had this problem through Paypal with an order from Todd Karr. Todd, being the professional businessman that he is took care of everything promptly, and politely.

Charles Spector

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 9th, 2004, 7:54 am

The tone of Ron's reply sounds as if he has been dealing with this issue for months and is frustrated by the whole thing.
Since Ron has offered to yet again refund the money through PayPal, it's really up to Stefan to claim it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Stefan Sprenger

Postby Stefan Sprenger » June 9th, 2004, 8:23 am

Hi,

i hope i have not caused to much trouble.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have settled the problem and Ron was kind enought to refund the money.

I do not want to harm anyone, but i to was somewhat frustrated.

Thanks again for everything and as i said before, i hope there are no hard feelings.

Best,

Stefan

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”