Many stuff for sales. Great price.

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
at4aces

Re: Many stuff for sales. Great price.

Postby at4aces » September 12th, 2005, 8:24 am

Here is a transcript of my correspondence with him today. He responds to e-mail very promptly, I'll give him that.

Sir, I have not received the DVDs yet. Please let me know when I will be receiving them. There seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding you on the Genii Forum and I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Please don't let me down. Thank you.
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I am sorry but the dvds were shipped out later than expected. I shipped them out last thursday. Hopefully you will get the dvds by the end of this week. Latest would be the following week.

I am trying to resolve matters with those that complained about the items.
Thanks.

I'm not holding my breath.
Aaron

mehtas

Postby mehtas » September 13th, 2005, 10:32 am

Aaron,

Looking at your email, Im glad politeness is still on a high mode.

Sometimes I wonder what sort of buyers protection do paypal offer.

:genii:

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2005, 4:27 pm

I received my dvd today, so while I can breathe a certain sigh of relief, I am dissapointed to see that the dvd is an illegal copy. I don't think that CardSharp was trying to burn anybody, but I think he misunderstood that most of us wish to trade in original material, not home-made copies.

In a weird twist, part of why I didn't suspect that CardSharp was dealing in 'copies' was the prices he was asking. They were so close to the prices seen on ebay, and in some cases even from original distributors, that I could never have guessed that I would receive a dvd-r.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have noticed disregard bordering on the flagrant from the sellers on this forum when it comes to product, speed of delivery, or maintaining lines of communication. I appreciate the presence of this forum, but I wonder whether its worth the hassle and risk to buy from the people who sell here.

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2005, 5:52 pm

I have purchased quite a few things here (15 -20 items) and never had an issue.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 13th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Most of the folks who sell things here are nice people and send the stuff you pay for. Others are crooks, like this bonehead.

I will repeat, anyone who sends money via PayPal to someone outside the United States by a bank account withdrawal is not being a smart buyer.

Use ONLY PayPal payments made from a credit card so you have some legal recourse (your credit card company will reverse the charge--the payment--if you do not receive what you have been sold).

And if the person won't take PayPal from a credit card, then JUST DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH HIM OR HER UNLESS THE PARTY IS KNOWN TO YOU.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » September 14th, 2005, 12:59 pm

Could it be that this guy is sending out partial orders to get around postal fraud laws? In his original post, he listed "The Silent Treatment" but only sent a copy of the CD that comes with the props.

Perhaps he can now claim that no props were ever promised, and that if the buyer assumed he'd be getting the props too, he assumed too much. If pressed, Cardsharp99 can say that he only meant the DVD by itself.

That seems to be the only logical reason why this thief is sending bits and pieces instead of nothing at all.

Ron

at4aces

Postby at4aces » September 19th, 2005, 4:09 pm

I got my DVDs.....pirated copies of the originals :mad: . No DVD cases, no inserts, just the 4 DVDs alone in an envelope. I think we all know by now that this guy is a scam artist and to avoid him. Caveat Emptor indeed!!

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2005, 7:02 pm

I don't know...do you think if you ordered a bootleg copy of a DVD from him he'd send you the original in his confusion?
Steve V

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”