"Wait for your Laugh"

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Diego

"Wait for your Laugh"

Postby Diego » November 18th, 2017, 3:04 am

I just saw, "Wait for your laugh", a bio/doc on Rose Marie. A fun look a her 90(!) years in show business....vaudeville, nightclubs, radio, movies, TV, and more.

Fun to see the home movies of the venues she played, sharing bills with Jose Frakson and Cardini and more.

Worth the watch.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: "Wait for your Laugh"

Postby Steve Bryant » November 18th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Erika Larsen recently posted (Castle Facebook) a 1973 program for the AMA awards banquet. Rose Marie handed out the Lecturer of the Year award.

Gene B
Favorite Magician: Asi Wind

Postby Gene B » November 18th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Hi Diego,
Thanks for the heads up--sounds like a great program to see.

What channel is it broadcast on?

Thanks,
Gene

Diego

Postby Diego » November 19th, 2017, 2:26 am

I saw it at Laemmle's Town theater in Encino, Calif....it hasn't gotten to TV yet. I should qualify, the home movies I noted, do show the outside theater marquees with Rose Marie billed with others, including magicians, but it doesn't show them performing or hanging out with Rose Marie.

Diego

Postby Diego » May 28th, 2018, 7:40 pm

I noticed that this documentary has been broadcast and hopefully more so in the future on the Decades and other channels.

JFox

Postby JFox » May 29th, 2018, 5:47 pm

I saw it on "ME-TV" this past Sunday night, in Los Angeles (11PM - 1AM PST)....I'm sure it'll be repeated on that network.

Although my early childhood was the 1960's, prior to Sunday - I knew nothing about Rose Marie, other than her role on the "Dick Van Dyke" Show.

What an eye-opener! She was a huge national child star...before Shirley Temple was even born! ("Baby Rose Marie"). I had no idea.

As Diego stated, it was fun seeing the Frakson & Cardini names on the theater marquees...

Highly recommended.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”