Harry Blackstone Jnr - A gem

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
CraigMitchell

Harry Blackstone Jnr - A gem

Postby CraigMitchell » November 3rd, 2015, 2:40 pm

brianarudolph

Re: Harry Blackstone Jnr - A gem

Postby brianarudolph » November 3rd, 2015, 4:22 pm

So when it came to this part of Harry Junior's schooling, it seems that Harry Senior paid a "huge price" (i.e., Hugh G. Price.)

I'm sure Harry Junior did at some point too.

(Sorry - couldn't help myself. It was right there.)

Diego

Postby Diego » November 3rd, 2015, 10:57 pm

My research on the families of different personalities, (and don't know if it applies to the Blackstones) whose parents were in show business, and on another research project, whose parents were religious/medical missionaries, are that there are two types that chose to resent their parents: Those who took them on the road, or those who DIDN'T take them on the road, but left them home with relatives or in boarding/military schools...despite there reasons for taking either action.

performer

Postby performer » November 4th, 2015, 5:58 am

I can't say this surprises me. I think it carried on to later life to a degree. I was not a particular fan and I found him to be an obnoxious performer at times. I even heard he slapped an audience volunteer. I did see a clip of his father performing though. Very charming and clearly a master magician. Far preferable to my way of thinking.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”