Woody Pittman has died

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Andrew Pinard

Woody Pittman has died

Postby Andrew Pinard » October 24th, 2014, 10:05 pm

Very sad news.

Woody Pittman passed away this afternoon, 10.24.2014 at 3:00pm in Los Angeles after a three-year battle with cancer. Woody was a creative force with a gentle and warm character and a playful, inventive mind. As a performer he enchanted and delighted audiences. He will be missed terribly...

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Woody Pittman has died

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 25th, 2014, 12:49 am

Ah jeez. It's one of those things that you know is coming (he'd been in hospice) but that doesn't make it less hard to hear. He was a very nice guy and his stage persona was terrific. Very sad.

Magic Randy

Postby Magic Randy » October 25th, 2014, 10:16 am

Very sad indeed.

I will remember him always.

Jerry Newton

Postby Jerry Newton » October 27th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Sad News indeed My condolences to his Family Woody was one of a kind!!! and will be Missed..

chevrie

Postby chevrie » November 4th, 2014, 4:58 pm

I'm sitting here in Texas, it's been raining all day and my thoughts were of my buddy Woody Pittman. Thought I would check the internet for any news and I got the worse news of all! I am so saddened by this! Once while working at the World Famous Magic Castle, Woody was playing the Parlour and to get backstage he had to cut through the line of people that were waiting to see him perform. As he was trying to make his way through the line a lady, not realizing that he was the performer, told him that he had to "wait in line like the rest of us" and to get to the back of the line. Woody just said, "yes ma'am" and went to the back of the line and waited. I asked him why and he said he just wanted to see the look on her face when he stepped out to do his show. RIP my friend! I am missing you already!

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”