Magi1 - University course for magicians

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Tom Stone

Magi1 - University course for magicians

Postby Tom Stone » October 11th, 2014, 5:51 am

About 4+ years ago, my friend Johan Ståhl had the first of many meetings with the University of Dance and Circus in Stockholm.

This year his hard work finally came to fruition - six days ago, on October 6, "Magi1" began. The first university course ever in the western world for conjurers.

The course has 16 students from Sweden, Denmark and Finland. I'm the main teacher and the course literature is Tommy Wonder's "Books of Wonders".

The course is just 6 weeks for now, but now it is possible to evaluate the need and the interest, and if those factors matters there will be a continuation.

lybrary

Re: Magi1 - University course for magicians

Postby lybrary » October 11th, 2014, 7:59 am

Tom, this is incredible. I hope this is wildly successful and becomes a permanent offering.

I don't know if this is appropriate for an academic course, but I would be happy to become a corporate sponsor and send each and every of your 16 students free literature be it printed books from the line of Martin Breese books or something from my vast store of digital media, perhaps a classic text or something else that fits into your course.
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » October 11th, 2014, 8:09 am

Congratulations to you and Johan on this historic accomplishment!

Matt Field

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » October 11th, 2014, 9:46 am

A magic course officially recognized and installed in the curriculum of an institution of higher artistic education. That means I have to say congratulations to PROFESSOR Stone and PROFESSOR Ståhl!

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » October 11th, 2014, 10:44 am

Matthew Field wrote:Congratulations to you and Johan on this historic accomplishment!

Matt Field

Thanks Matt. :)
But I want it to be clear that is solely because of Johan's efforts that this has become real. The accomplishment is all his. :)

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » October 11th, 2014, 10:48 am

lybrary wrote:Tom, this is incredible. I hope this is wildly successful and becomes a permanent offering.

I don't know if this is appropriate for an academic course, but I would be happy to become a corporate sponsor and send each and every of your 16 students free literature be it printed books from the line of Martin Breese books or something from my vast store of digital media, perhaps a classic text or something else that fits into your course.

Wow, that is very generous, Chris!
I don't know what the policy is on things like this, but I'll check.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”