Jay Palmer and Magic Kettle Act?

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Julie Eng

Jay Palmer and Magic Kettle Act?

Postby Julie Eng » May 26th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Does any one have some information about Jay Palmer and his Magic Kettle act? We received a note from a researcher in Portugal, Miguel Melo, and I have posted his questions on our blog...

http://magicol.magicana.com/magic-kettle-jay-palmer/

If you have some info about the Jay and / or about his act, I know Miguel would be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance,
Julie

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Jay Palmer and Magic Kettle Act?

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 27th, 2014, 12:06 am

I would suggest he get a subscription to Ask Alexander.
Just in the Genii section I found several references including this from January 1948:

"JAY PALMER & DOREEN feature "The Magic Kettle". A riotous act during which Doreen in an outlandish costume and with her amusing antics, keeps Palmer from explaining his magic. Eventually he does do the mutilated parasol, and proceeds with the Magic Kettle - exclusive with Jay. From this one small receptacle, dozens of drinks called for, were poured and given to the audience. Palmer and Doreen are two swell entertainers."

And this from August 1950:

"Jay Palmer and Doreen are in London where they have been received with open arms. Their appearances in the Music Halls and before the Magic Circle were highlights for the Britishers. Their "Magic Kettle" was acclaimed the "Greatest master-piece of magic ever seen in England." They will represent the American magicians at the International Congress of Magicians to be held in Barcelona, Spain, on September 6th to 10th, and also at the IBM Convention at Harrogate, England, following these engagements the Palmers will embark on an Around the World safari."

Just a couple of the many hits from one magazine.

Dustin

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » May 27th, 2014, 7:51 pm

I believe he already has one. I have been helping him in his research for almost three years now and suggested Ask Alexander as a source for him.

Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

Alan Bursky

Postby Alan Bursky » May 28th, 2014, 1:57 am

Go to; ThinkaDrink.weebly.com
Everything you want to know about any drink called for.

Larry Horowitz

Postby Larry Horowitz » May 29th, 2014, 1:16 am

Alan's treatise on the subject is quite good.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”