Robert L. "Bob" Bluemle passed away - May 8th, 2014

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Andrew Pinard

Robert L. "Bob" Bluemle passed away - May 8th, 2014

Postby Andrew Pinard » May 21st, 2014, 9:27 am

I met Bob in person just after he moved to Burlington, VT. He was an angel (in the theatrical sense of the word), sponsoring not only theatrical events but magical ones as well. As a writer, he contributed to most of the major magic magazines and many of the niche efforts as well (especially if they involved mentalism or bizarre magic).

I remember Bob coming to see one of my performances, after which he asked if he could use my opener (one of my signature pieces). Whether he ever used it or not, the simple act of asking was high praise.

We correspond some by email and had a number of phone conversations over the years. He was always passionate, knowledgeable and generous.

You will be missed, Bob!

A memorial will be held on June 8th in Burlington, VT. Details are included in the obit.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?n=robert-l-bluemle-bob&pid=171057916

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Robert L. "Bob" Bluemle passed away - May 8th, 2014

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 21st, 2014, 10:19 am

Sorry to hear it, he was a nice guy.
I hope that the right person ends up with all his stuff on Dr. Jaks and writes the book he promised us for decades.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » May 22nd, 2014, 12:43 am

I believe that Bob had already gotten rid of most of his Jaks "stuff". His book will, unfortunately, probably never be finished by anyone, which is too bad.

Diego

Postby Diego » May 25th, 2014, 3:23 am

Robert Bluemle was a very kind and generous man. I enjoyed the conversations we had over the years about different mentalists past and present.

One of the true gentlemen to be remembered well.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”