Val A Walker, Wizard of the Navy

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
ValWalker
Favorite Magician: Val A Walker!

Val A Walker, Wizard of the Navy

Postby ValWalker » January 23rd, 2014, 4:22 pm

Hello to All,

I was really not sure which section I should post this in, but this looks about the best.

I am the grandson of Val A Walker and have just launched a website to introduce people to his story.

http://www.valwalker.com

The purpose of the site is to preserve his memory and to become a reference site for anything to do with him, his Illusions and Escapes.

It is not intended to be a 'worship' site, and will tell the story 'warts and all'. The one thing that it won't do, is tell 'how' the illusions or escapes worked.

If you are interested in Val and have a look at the site, you will see that we have a large amount of information, and there is much more to be loaded in the coming months, but we would really like to find more. If you have, or know anyone who has, information, photographs, press clippings, props or anything else related to Val, I would dearly love to hear from you.

Many thanks

Val Walker

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Val A Walker, Wizard of the Navy

Postby Q. Kumber » January 23rd, 2014, 4:31 pm

How interesting. I recall the correspondence between your father (Kelvin, I think) and Walter Blau in Abracadabra magazine discussing one of your grandfather's escapes.

ValWalker
Favorite Magician: Val A Walker!

Re: Val A Walker, Wizard of the Navy

Postby ValWalker » January 23rd, 2014, 4:46 pm

Yes, it was Kelvin. I remember as a 9 year old watching him scoop up Abra as soon as it fell through the door. Within minutes there would be steam coming from his ears!

I have documented that exchange here

http://www.valwalker.com/index.php/the-great-abra-debate

It was good fun!

Val

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”