Busby's ARCANE magazine

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Harvey Rosenthal

Busby's ARCANE magazine

Postby Harvey Rosenthal » July 2nd, 2008, 3:24 am

I have a complete file of ARCANE (14 issues). Does anyone know what such a file in pristine condition is worth?

DHY

Re: Busby's ARCANE magazine

Postby DHY » July 2nd, 2008, 8:29 am

Harvey:

I can't help you with the value of ARCANE, but in a separate posting you have mentioned some unpublished manuscripts you own, that I would love to know more about.

Maybe we can talk about them privately.

DHY

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » July 2nd, 2008, 8:46 am

Harvey Rosenthal wrote:I have a complete file of ARCANE (14 issues). Does anyone know what such a file in pristine condition is worth?

If we had such a file for sale, we'd offer it on eBay for 99 cents with no reserve and let the marketplace determine value. My guess is that it would sell for about $150-$200 currently. I believe the first 10 or so issue were non-subscription issues (only available by purchasing a certain amount of stuff from Busby during a certain time frame). I think the later issues had a cover price of $7.50, but would presumably sell for about double that now, being hard to obtain. I note that Mike Henkel does not list copies on his www.mhmagicmagazine.com website, a possible indication of scarcity.

Harvey Rosenthal

Postby Harvey Rosenthal » July 2nd, 2008, 2:29 pm

Richard,

Thank you for the information on ARCANE.

Karl Fulves and I were very close friends in the late 1950s through at least 1980 and were in very close contact. I have a very large library and Karl always called me to check references for him for Pallbearers, Epilogue and Chronicles.

I have two complete original issue sets of The Pallbearers Review as well a Epilogue. In addition to having the regular edition bound volumes of the three publications, I also have a deluxe edition of each of the three volumes of Pallbearers, Epilogue and Chronicles. I was just curious what the individual issues sets are worth as well as the deluxe editions of his three major hardbound publications.

Thanks in advance,

Harvey

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » July 3rd, 2008, 10:29 am

A set sold on eBay about two weeks ago for $153.50. Here is the link

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » July 3rd, 2008, 12:42 pm

I'm still looking for issues 8, 9 & 14 if anyone has them for sale.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”