Conjuring Arts Bulletin

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Conjuring Arts Bulletin

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 5th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Another benefit to membership in the Conjuring Arts Research Center just came across my desk. The Conjuring Arts Bulletin is a newsletter meant to fill the gap between publications of the major organ of the Center, Gibecire.

Edited by Mike Caveney, Volume One, Number One (Fall 2006) of the irregularly published newsletter is eight nicely produced pages with short articles geared mainly, in this case, on the benefits of the Ask Alexander database. There are contributions by Richard Hatch, David Charvet, editor Caveney, and, of course, publisher Bill Kalush (who also talks about three new additions to his remarkable library of antiquarian books).

If you are interested in the history of this art, and not a member, you are missing out on a tremendous resource. Now is a great time to sign up as they are running a limited time benefit for new members: You can receive a free autographed copy of The Secret Life of Harry Houdini when you join (or upgrade your current level of membership). Nows the time to act! Go to The Conjuring Arts Research Center for more information.

Dustin

PS: A question for the editor: If the Bulletin is to be irregularly published (which means to me that it could come out four times one year and six times in another, etc.), how many issues will constitute a volume?

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Conjuring Arts Bulletin

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » November 7th, 2006, 9:22 am

Just got mine in the mail yesterday as well. Nice to know that there will be some communication in between issues of Gibeciere, as well as an outlet for articles that are maybe not as in-depth as the stuff in the main journal.

-Jim

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”