Ken Brooke

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Ken Brooke

Postby Guest » February 22nd, 2002, 7:28 pm

I remember many happy hours spent in the company of Ken,Frank & Barbara in the Soho pub after an afternoon spent in his studio.
I notice it is nearly the anniversary of his passing.Could anybody tell me if Barbara would be at their old address,and what of Frank Farrow ?

Pete Biro

Re: Ken Brooke

Postby Pete Biro » February 23rd, 2002, 12:22 am

I got a Christmas Card from Barbara and will look for it to check the address.

Someone "thought" but not confirmed that Jim Hooper and Frank Farrow had passed on... will see what I can find out. :(
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » February 23rd, 2002, 12:41 am

Thank you Pete.

Postby Guest » February 23rd, 2002, 3:58 am

The last time I saw Frank would have been in
about 1980 I had just left the military & I enlisted Franks help,in obtaining some bespoke suiting for my civilian career.He was living in Barnet N.London at the time & if memory serves me right I bought a "Fred
Kaps" wallet from him over a cup of tea in his kitchen. Im also proud that I gave Jim a little bit of help when he was making the "Nemo watchwinder". Now where the hell did I lose that ? I bet it was in the pub !! :rolleyes:

Postby Guest » February 28th, 2002, 3:24 am

Abra for February 23rd carries Barbara's annual memorial to Ken so Donald Bevan would have her current address on file.
You could phone him at the Abra office
01527-872246.
Good Luck.

Postby Guest » February 28th, 2002, 4:27 am

Thanks Wallace B Im a bit embarrased as I havent been in touch for a long while.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”