Blackstone, Jr. Remembered

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Blackstone, Jr. Remembered

Postby Guest » January 29th, 2007, 12:30 am

Hard to believe, but it has been 10 years, since Harry Blackstone, Jr. passed away.

This Sunday at The Magic Castle, a wonderful celebration of Blackstone, was held, by a reunion of family, friends, and associates, who worked & traveled with him.
Also several who had worked with Blackstone, Sr. were there as well, who remembered Jr., as a young boy.

A very special, heartfelt time for all.

Andrew Martin Portala

Re: Blackstone, Jr. Remembered

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » January 29th, 2007, 6:23 am

Diego ,
How was Adele ?

Postby Guest » January 29th, 2007, 7:14 am

Those who had worked with Blackstone, Sr: Adele Friel, Barbara Hudson, and Nick Ruggerio, were there, and Adele and the others are doing fine,
and had a good time along with everyone else.
Very nice for them to tell family members, "I knew your grandfather...."

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » January 29th, 2007, 9:56 am

Thanks Diego.
I'm glad it went well.

Postby Guest » March 8th, 2007, 3:53 am

Remembering Harry Jr. is an excellent opportunity to remind all readers of the Genii Forum that pancreatic cancer, the disease that took Harry, Doug Henning (Doug's was also involved with the liver), Dennis Marx, and others in the magic fraternity, as well as loads of famous actors, comedians and like folk, is growing in occurrence but remains among the least funded cancer research efforts out there.

If you're looking for a tax write-off, a nice check to the effort would be greatly appreciated. I lost a 35 year old nephew to the disease last year as well. I can say, from personal experience with my nephew, that it's not a pleasant way to die.

Thanks for your consideration.

Greg Edmonds

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”