I did not really understand

Discuss aspects of the new digital access to all back issues of Genii and anything therein.
SEBASTIEN

I did not really understand

Postby SEBASTIEN » April 11th, 2012, 9:29 am

Hello !
I am a genii subscriber since many years. As I live in France, at my last renew, I decided to order the international digital subscription. I thought it was good for the planet because no transport, no CO2, and I could read and print just the pages I need. So today I go on Igenii and how I was disappointed to realize that I can not print the pages I need. I can just read on my desktop.

I just look on the genii store and it is not written that we can not print the pages. It is just written that there are no printed copies delivery...

So today I have a subscription that I will not use because I do not want to read on my computer. The first near months issues I can print are on the half of 2011 and I have them in my house...

Really disappointed.

Best regards

SEB

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Re: I did not really understand

Postby Bill Marquardt » April 13th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Sebastien - you can use a screen capture program such as the Snip Tool to capture an image of the magazine page on the computer screen and save the image on your computer. Then you can print the image with any program such as Photoshop.

CraigOusterling
Favorite Magician: All the dead ones.

Postby CraigOusterling » April 19th, 2012, 9:36 pm

I believe this is why/how the print subscription is still viable. You'll be able to go to Ask Alexander in 6 or 12 months and print any articles (within the guidelines) that you want. I really wish MAGIC magazine would start using this scheme.

I get to read the print RIGHT NOW but also search through the older issues I don't have for specifics.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » April 20th, 2012, 1:02 pm

At risk of being called a kiss-up, I have to say that a subscription to Genii is probably the best bargain in magic available. Hard copies monthly and a complete digital archive of past issues. The Magicana section alone is worth the price in my opinion.

I suspect that some day the hard copies will no longer be published, but I hope I am wrong.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 20th, 2012, 1:06 pm

I will continue to publish a hard copy of Genii as long as there is a printer who is willing to do the job at a price we can afford. I believe that will continue to be the case for at least another decade.

Unlike the book business, where print-on-demand has become a major factor in keeping books in print, there is no such equivalent for color magazines, probably because of the cost involved. So, while that may eventually replace the current business model, it won't happen in the foreseeable future.

I aim to please my customers, which is why Genii is the largest independent magazine in our field. You get more for your money with Genii than any other independent magazine.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “iGenii”