Cellini?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Cellini?

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2002, 9:53 am

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that Cellini is back in the States, Living in NC, and making a new video?

Regards,

Dan-

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Cellini?

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 7th, 2002, 9:02 pm

Jim Cellini has a kid who lives with his ex in North Carolina, and he's been back in the US for some time. Jon Racherbaumer has been interviewing Cellini for a DVD documentary that's going to come out shortly--and a Genii story as well.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2002, 7:18 am

Thanks Richard,

You just made my week!

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
Jon Racherbaumer has been interviewing Cellini for a DVD documentary that's going to come out shortly--and a Genii story as well.

Mike Powers
Favorite Magician: Gary Kurtz, Dave Williamson, Dani DaOrtiz, Juan Tamariz

Postby Mike Powers » February 9th, 2002, 2:46 pm

Cellini was featured in Nov. at the Motor City Close Up Convention put on by John Luka in Taylor MI. There was a video crew with professional equipment who filmed his performance/lecture.

Unfortunately he was a bit off. I think he was feeling the pressure of having to be perfect for the video. It was great to see him live but I'll bet it was awesome to see him in his element on the street.

Presumably the video will be coming out in the near future.

Mike Powers

Postby Guest » January 22nd, 2003, 9:12 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
Jon Racherbaumer has been interviewing Cellini for a DVD documentary that's going to come out shortly--and a Genii story as well.
Any new news on these projects?

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » January 22nd, 2003, 11:21 pm

The first DVD of the trilogy is already out.
More New Orleans footage (in the streets of the Quarter)will be shot here tomorrow and the next day.
Eric Evans from Texas is also on hand.
I now have four hours of "talk" and the revelations and insights are pretty amazing.

Onward...

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2003, 7:05 am

Originally posted by Jon Racherbaumer:
The first DVD of the trilogy is already out.
More New Orleans footage (in the streets of the Quarter)will be shot here tomorrow and the next day.
Eric Evans from Texas is also on hand.
I now have four hours of "talk" and the revelations and insights are pretty amazing.

Onward...
Great news Jon! Thanks.

Best,

Dan-

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2003, 12:58 pm

It was a truly wonderful experience hanging out in the Big Easy with some magic giants. Getting to see Jon Racherbaumer's lair added to the fascination that the Crescent City holds over me -- a time I won't soon forget.
A very special thanks to Jon and Gary Hughes and his wife Eva for their wonderful southern hospitality.
Also, if any you fellas are in the area, check out the Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast (www.avenueinnbb.com), they're right on St. Charles Ave. which is right on the trolley car line -- a direct ride to the French Quarter. Joe and his wife Bebe are great hosts and will assure a luxuriously comfortable stay.
What a city! What great people. I look forward to returning as soon as possible.

Return to “Buzz”