AM/PM Magazine -- Status?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jim Maloney_dup1

AM/PM Magazine -- Status?

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » February 12th, 2004, 6:47 am

Does anyone know what's going on with AM/PM magazine? I haven't seen an issue in a while. I sent an e-mail to Tom a while back, but haven't heard anything. I'd hate to see this one die out...

-Jim

Re: AM/PM Magazine -- Status?

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2004, 6:50 am

I also have not received an issue in quite some time.

btw--does anybody know what is happening with the PAID Magic Menu subscriptions as well?!

:cool:

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 12th, 2004, 8:12 am

Well, Jim Sisti and Andrew Pinard, who published The Magic Menu and read this forum regularly, could answer that question ... or not.
I saw Tom Cutts, who published AM/PM at the convention in Vegas and asked him about it, but I can't recall what he said. Ah, the joys of middle age.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » February 12th, 2004, 9:42 am

Originally posted by WarlockDrummer:
btw--does anybody know what is happening with the PAID Magic Menu subscriptions as well?!
I recently received a letter from Jim Sisti informing me how to get my cash refund. Since each situation is different (the number of issues due you determine the manner in which it is handled) Im sure it will take a little time for Mr. Sisti to get to everyones letter. Be patient.

Dustin

sleightly

Postby sleightly » February 12th, 2004, 11:07 am

I spoke with Jim today and he is about half way through mailing out letters to subscribers (he is handling all this, so please contact him). As Dustin mentioned, it is a complicated process and will take some more time. From what I currently know, many have received their refunds already, and more are going out each week.

Thanks for your patience, everyone who is owed something should be reimbursed appropriately (if somewhat delayed).

Andrew

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » February 12th, 2004, 11:26 am

Ok, so now that we've got the Magic Menu stuff out of the way...any ideas on AM/PM? ;)

-Jim

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » February 12th, 2004, 1:30 pm

Originally posted by Jim Maloney:
Ok, so now that we've got the Magic Menu stuff out of the way...any ideas on AM/PM? ;)

-Jim
For a while I wondered if Tom Cutts was either swimming with the fishes, or fishing with Ken Simmons.

I have had none of my emails to Cutts returned. And I sent several, to different email addresses. I even sent a PM via The Magic Cafe, where he is supposed to be on staff.

At this point, I'm just going to assume something bad has happened to him because Tom just doesn't seem to be...oh, how shall I put this...a Ken Simmons.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » February 12th, 2004, 1:58 pm

The last report I got was that he'd been kidnapped and held for ransom by some nut in Idaho. :p

Steve Brooks
Favorite Magician: Rene Lavand

Postby Steve Brooks » February 16th, 2004, 1:48 am

While I cannot speak for Tom on this matter, I can assure you that Mr.Cutts is indeed alive and well and is very much aware that folks are beginning to wonder about the next issue of AM/PM Magazine.

I do know that Tom has been side-tracked with several projects which include some very cool stuff for future issues of the magazine.

Having said all that, Tom is a good friend and I know he has every intention of getting the issues back on track again and I for one can hardly wait. ;)

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » February 16th, 2004, 6:53 am

Originally posted by Steve Brooks:
While I cannot speak for Tom on this matter, I can assure you that Mr.Cutts is indeed alive and well and is very much aware that folks are beginning to wonder about the next issue of AM/PM Magazine.

I do know that Tom has been side-tracked with several projects which include some very cool stuff for future issues of the magazine.

Having said all that, Tom is a good friend and I know he has every intention of getting the issues back on track again and I for one can hardly wait. ;)
Thanks for the note, Steve.

Since you seem to be in contact with Tom, would you kindly pass along the note that most people behave reasonably about missed deadlines if informed.

It's being faced with a wall of silence, which gives the impression of being ignored, that incenses and irritates.

If he's too busy to answer repeated emails, he may want to at least post an update on the web site. I know I'd appreciate at least that effort.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

Steve Brooks

Postby Steve Brooks » February 17th, 2004, 3:09 am

John,
you bring up a very good point and I will bring this to Mr.Cutts' immediate attention. :)

Postby Guest » February 17th, 2004, 11:13 am

Man, we need a grammar host to clean up Steves posts!
Steve V

Steve Brooks

Postby Steve Brooks » February 17th, 2004, 5:13 pm

Okay Steve, I fixed the small typo. :whack:

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » February 17th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Is it possible that some of us on here shouldn't be talking about how good some tricks are? Unless we can distinguish which one of ours is are not worth showing much less selling?

Just a thought

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2004, 11:24 am

Originally posted by Chastain Criswell:
Is it possible that some of us on here shouldn't be talking about how good some tricks are? Unless we can distinguish which one of ours is are not worth showing much less selling?

Just a thought
Non sequitur alert! :o

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » February 18th, 2004, 12:58 pm

Just a thought
Huh?

Dave

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » February 18th, 2004, 2:52 pm

Is it possible that some of us on here shouldn't be talking about how good some tricks are?
It's not possible. That's why it's magic.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » February 18th, 2004, 3:29 pm

I believe that this:

Pertains to the following:

Originally posted by Steve Brooks:

I could, however, be quite mistaken here. :)

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » February 18th, 2004, 8:37 pm

You are correct sir! I think if someone puts out crap and then tries to say they have a grasp on what is good and what is not then they should have their brain examined.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » February 18th, 2004, 10:15 pm

What is scary is I knew what he was postin' about...
Steve V
Steve V

Steve Brooks

Postby Steve Brooks » February 18th, 2004, 11:29 pm

"I do know that Tom has been side-tracked with several projects which include some very cool stuff for future issues of the magazine"

Looking at one of my previous posts (quoted above), I don't see where I referred to an actual magic effect...hmmm...I guess I should have written very s l o w l y and been a little more specific. ;)

The cool stuff I mentioned concerns some articles on presentation and some very insightful interviews with some special folks.
AND, like everyone else, whether it's cool or not is just an opinion. Hope this will clarify any m i s u n d e r s t a n d i n g. :sleep:

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » February 19th, 2004, 7:28 am

Perhaps it's best to leave attempts at s a r c a s m to those who actually u n d e r s t a n d how to use it. ;)

AMCabral

Postby AMCabral » February 19th, 2004, 8:58 am

Oh, SNAP!! Oh, SNAP!!! He got you, dawg. You can't see him, you CAIN'T see him!!

:p :D
-Tony, LMAO

seraph127

Postby seraph127 » February 27th, 2004, 9:20 am

Last August, I sent three bucks via Paypal for the sampler issue. I never received it. Mailed the website. Silence. PM'd Mr. Cutts on the Cafe. Silence. Like the man said, put up an advisory on your website, mail a form letter, whatever. Communication is part of customer relations. BTW, it's not the three measly bucks, it's the blowoff. As in "what's instigating my irritation."

:mad:

Terry

Postby Terry » February 28th, 2004, 6:23 am

seraph127, what part of KY are you from?

seraph127

Postby seraph127 » March 4th, 2004, 7:10 pm

Sorry, Terry, I hadn't checked back here in a few days so I'm late in replying. I'm in the western KY area, about 45 miles east of Paducah.

Return to “Buzz”