Lennart Green's false shuffle video

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Lennart Green's false shuffle video

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2003, 10:35 pm

I have heard rumors that this video, which Lennart mentions on GREEN MAGIC, has already been shot, and includes an in the hands zarrow with bridge. has anyone else heard about this, or did I dream the whole thing?

kenguru

Re: Lennart Green's false shuffle video

Postby kenguru » January 27th, 2003, 5:50 am

Haim

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2003, 5:59 am

Green Magic videos are quite old. At least 2 years. They are extremely good videos and Lennart's techniques are very good. The quality is not the best one I have seen and Lennart's english is not very fluent but it doesn't really matter.

I can't remember seeing zarrow shuffle there but then again I wrecked the first tape (where all the sleights are shown) after the first day. But the material is great and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in spending several hours playing with the cards with out any useful funcion :) .

As we all do.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 27th, 2003, 7:12 am

Why not just use the heinstein shuffle?

It does the job admirably if you want an "in the hands" false shuffle with a bridge.

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2003, 7:53 am

Lennart has a nice in the hands shuffle in the video. I don't think it's a zarrow though (I could be wrong), but it is a riffle shuffle. It also have couple of other nice sleights and palming techniques.

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2003, 8:14 am

This is a guess:

I think his riffle shuffle starts out as a true shuffle, but as he bridges them for the cascade, diagonal pressure is applied causing one half to fall about 1/3 to 1/2 inch towards his body at a slight angle.
The right thumb can hook the upper half(which is on the bottom), and pull it through SIDEWAYS in a manner similar to a traditional tabled push-thru shuffle, and cut it to the top.

His hands are so big that it's easy to hide this. That is my guess, and that is based on observations of a friend of mine that DOES do a shuffle that way and his looks very convincing, better looking than the Heinstein shuffle, in my opinion.

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2003, 9:45 am

I have seen Lennart Green do his false shuffle from a very short distance several times and it looks "real" everytime. Impossible to see any "cheating".

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 27th, 2003, 11:46 am

How good is Lennart's false shuffle?
No one even realized he was doing a false shuffle for quite a while!!!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2003, 3:41 pm

guys...perhaps I was not being clear.

there is a new magic video, by lennart green devoted to his false shuffles and cuts exclusively that has been planned for a while. I heard rumors that Paul Wilson (who was at the first shoot for green magic) said it has already been shot and that it includes lennart's false in the hands riffle shuffle with bridge, whoch doesn't need a strip out, similar to hein, but better. I was asking wether anyone else heard about this.

Return to “Buzz”