Max Maven to Undergo Heart Surgery Monday

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Re: Max Maven to Undergo Heart Surgery Monday

Postby Guest » April 30th, 2007, 4:05 am

That may be the funniest thing I've ever heard!!! :D

Postby Guest » April 30th, 2007, 4:28 am

Max, Autumn here! Ogenki desu ka? Twenty years ago you teased me for being a vegetarian. Well, garden plants still fear me!

Add some veggies and those new arteries will stay whistle-clean. You don't have to totally give up meat but that Chili will surely get you! We all love you, admire you, and want you to be around to perform for our great grandchildren. But you already knew what we were thinking ;)

E-mail me your new address and I will send you an awesome easy cookbook plus my own award-winning recipe for "Morning Star's Vegetarian Chili".

Much Love,
Autumn

Postby Guest » April 30th, 2007, 11:10 pm

Max, If anyone knows the outcome of your surgery it's you! Once again a show well done! I need to talk to you about a Martin Gardner question I have. Please hurry up and get well quickly...

Regards,

Keith Lock aka Elliott Hitchcock :genii:

Postby Guest » May 1st, 2007, 5:01 am

Perhaps it's time for a new entry in the 'Lisp' series of manuscripts - "BYPATH".

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2007, 6:37 pm

Dear Max,

I hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Elliott

Postby Guest » May 7th, 2007, 11:44 am

As I would not have the temerity to "pray" for Max, I can only say he is in my thoughts with wishes for exceptional and speedy recovery.

And after which I would look forward to a new "near death" routine -- into the light."

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2007, 3:50 am

Talk to your Doctor today, he said you should be up and doing Jumping Jacks soon!
---All the good jokes were already taken...get well, see you in August.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » May 9th, 2007, 6:46 am

Godspeed Max. Thank you for all of your wonderful essays throughout the years. My favorite was the Francis Carlyle lecture: "You understood" Francis told you...

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2007, 12:37 am

hey max our prayers are with you. we love you.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 14th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Even though I'm in Beijing at the moment, Max e-mailed me his Inquisition column for the July issue.
He's at home recuperating, a process that will take several months, during which the doctors have told him to "take it easy."
Most people don't realize that you're extremely weak after major surgery like this, and it literally takes months before you feel decent again.
So, keep sending Max your best wishes since he has lots of time to read them.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 15th, 2007, 4:30 am

Max, strangely, I'm also in Beijing. I haven't seen Richard. I'm staying in The People's Most Quality High-Toned Building of Infidels.

Richard -- call me, I'm in the room next to the livestock check-in counter. I'm here for another hour, then I'm scheduled to be questioned by the brain police, so I may be leaving the country almost immediately.

Max -- I'm bringing back an ancient Chinese remedy for you that'll make you feel real fine that involves snakes, a chicken and two goats -- so clean out the spare room, they'll need a place to hang.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » May 16th, 2007, 7:02 am

Great! Now Max has to stay home and watch reruns of himself on Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » May 24th, 2007, 4:10 pm

Saw Max briefly when I was at the Castle last week... he looked well and said he is getting better every day...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2007, 12:47 am

Hi Max,

I met you the other night at the castle (Wednesday) - my first visit. It was an honor to meet you, and I enjoyed our brief conversation about the recent magic conferences/HA, etc. Later, you seemed to enjoy the mentalism act in the parlor with the Time magazine, etc. I was sitting behind you at the time.

I hadn't been keeping track of the latest magic news, so I hadn't heard of your recent surgery. I'm actually a physician and was in the area for a medical conference in SD.

But you looked great. Again, it was an honor to meet you, and as I didn't know then, but I do now, I'd like to extend my best wishes for continued recovery and a healthy long life.

Take care,

Bill Pearson

Return to “Buzz”