Sol Stone is ill

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Brian Marks

Sol Stone is ill

Postby Brian Marks » December 8th, 2001, 7:04 am

I just found that NY underground legend Sol Stone is ill. About 2 weeks ago he fell and was taken to the hospital. He just had surgery last Thursday. However is family says that he is recovering.

Lets all wish him well.

Re: Sol Stone is ill

Postby Guest » December 9th, 2001, 2:06 pm

can you keep me updated on that, I saw him once and he was awsome but also very kind.

Noah Levine

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2001, 11:53 am

Sol Stone is a great magician and a very kind man. I knew him for years when I hung out with the crowd at Tannen's. Sorry to hear he was injured. :(

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » December 12th, 2001, 10:54 am

I visited Sol Stone in the hosptial. He fall was due to an underlying heart condition. He schedule for surgery to receive a pacemaker.

When I saw him he was doing magic tricks for the doctor. Sol was not up to his normal self but he should make a full recovery after the pacemaker is in.

Postby Guest » December 12th, 2001, 11:15 am

Thanks for the update, which hospital is he in? BTW where do the magicians meet nowadays, I haven't been to NYC for some time. bill voss

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » December 12th, 2001, 1:10 pm

He is in Nyack hospital in Rockland County NY. Thats exit 11 on the New York State Thruway. It cheered him up that I visited because I satisfied his fix for magic. If you plan on visiting I can give exact direction.

Ruebens is the place to meet although it was closed for three days last week by the health department. It has since reopened. Right now I think we will still meet there but I have to talk to other people.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 13th, 2001, 7:24 am

Originally posted by Brian Marks:
Ruebens is the place to meet although it was closed for three days last week by the health department.

They probably found the magicians infestation.

Matt Field

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » December 13th, 2001, 9:36 pm

Actually they found some thump tips and black thread in the food. They put magic books on the walls to keep us away. Now nobody will come until the dvd comes out.

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » December 14th, 2001, 5:51 pm

Brian,

Next time you visit Sol Stone, let him know that there is a 'get well' wish coming all the way from Sydney, Australia. His effect "Visual Copper & Silver', published in Tarbell #7, is something that I learnt back in my late teens. It has served me well over the years.

I understand that Meir Yedid is about to release Sol Stone's "Casual Close-Up". Does anybody know if this is a book or a video?

steve

Postby steve » December 14th, 2001, 6:55 pm

John- it's a video coming out on Sol Stone. It's SUPPOSED to be out by the end of the year. Not many days left for that, but I'm still crossing my fingers. Checked the Meir Yedid website yesterday and couldn't find any update or information about it, which leads me to believe it's not ready to come out.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » December 14th, 2001, 7:52 pm

I will tell him

Rene Clement

Postby Rene Clement » January 26th, 2002, 6:43 pm

I saw Sol Stone today.
He is recovering well and is already up and around.
He mentioned Meir Yedid will shortly have his Video / DVD available.
--Rene

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2002, 7:22 pm

... a small bit or saliva runs down the boys cheek as he imagines a video by sol stone

Noah Levine

Return to “Buzz”