Mac King Show....

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Mac King Show....

Postby Guest » June 16th, 2004, 5:46 pm

Hello,
I am going to Vegas in a few weeks and am thinking of seeing the Mac King show at the Harrahs (especially since he won magician of the year). Any thoughts on his show and does anyone know what it costs?
thanx...

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Mac King Show....

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 16th, 2004, 6:17 pm

It's a great show: the biggest bargain in Vegas. You can read all about how to get tickets in the June issue of Genii in the article by Danny Orleans and Michael Brandwein.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

skeptic555

Postby skeptic555 » June 16th, 2004, 6:51 pm

I would highly recommend that article, I especially liked that it showed up about 3 days before my most recent trip. Serendipity indeed.

Re: Mac - I would STRONGLY recommend you buy a ticket - you can do so right before the show at the box office one floor above the showroom. Apparently free tix (with the purchase of a $7 drink) are easy enough to come by, but buying a ticket 1) allows you to bypass that MASSIVELY long line; 2) guarantees you see the show you want to see (people with vouchers get turned away alot given the frequent full houses) 3) you'll get a seat right up front, reserved for purchased tickets and 4) youll be supporting not only the best show in vegas (tied with penn and teller in my book) but a guy who has earned it and deserves every bit of success coming to him!

SN

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » June 16th, 2004, 7:11 pm

I second that! Great show. Wonderful humor, pacing, routining, tricks, etc... No fancy lighting or assistants or huge props - just one really talented magician and his audience. Go see it!

Postby Guest » June 16th, 2004, 7:48 pm

Tix about $18, shows at 1 and 3..Best show in Vegas..Tom

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 16th, 2004, 8:27 pm

I thirdfourthfifthwhateverall of the above: Mac King is great. (You might want to visit my post about my recent visit to The Vegas here: http://geniimagazine.com/forum/noncgi/u ... 0;t=001003 I talk a bit about Macs show and you might gain some insight regarding your visit from the other posts in the thread.)

And I highly recommend that you heed Steves high recommendation that you purchase the tickets ahead of timeforget the freebees. The $18 is more than worth it. And shorten your stay at the tables so you can save a few bucks for the T-shirt/book combo deal at the end of the show!

Dustin

Bill Wheeler

Postby Bill Wheeler » June 16th, 2004, 9:09 pm

I saw the show last week, (thanks mostly to Danny Orleans's article) and it is awesome.

Maybe I got lucky, but I bought a ticket about 20 minutes before the show.
Driver: Callaway FT-5
Irons: Titlest AP-1
Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64
Putter: i-series Black #9

Gary Kosnitzky
Favorite Magician: Vazhakunnam Neelakanthan Namboothiri

Postby Gary Kosnitzky » June 17th, 2004, 3:28 am

I have lived here for 28 yrs and the Mac King Show is without a doubt the most entertaining show I have experienced. In a town where most shows are filled with has-beens on the way down the ladder of success, Mac King is climbing up it fast. I wish him the best,he has definitely earned it.

Joe Gallant

Postby Joe Gallant » June 17th, 2004, 5:07 pm

Last August, I was in Vegas with my cousin (non-magician) who had never been to Vegas before. We saw Lance Burton, Mike Close at the Houdini lounge, Penn and Teller, Cirque du Soleil's Mystere, David Copperfield, and Mac King. While he liked all the shows, his favorite was Mac King.

February of last year, the company I work for hired Mac King to perform at our annual customer conference. Sixteen months later, I still get comments like "that magician you had was the best I ever saw".

A trip to Vegas is not complete without a visit to the Mac King Show. Call Harrah's box office in advance and get tickets for the show you want to see.

Jakob Rasmussen

Postby Jakob Rasmussen » June 20th, 2004, 3:09 am

Hi

MacKings show is the very best in Las Vegas.

In September 2001 I was in Las Vegas with my wife
(not magician) and we where going to see his show
and had tickets for the 11 th. at 3 pm.
When we heard what happend i NY, we thougt it would be canceled.

The show wend on and its the best show we ever wisit. People where laughing for the hole show.

When you can do that, you are a true magician.

I hope to go back to Vegas again, and see his show, but not with a new 9/11.

Best

Jakob
Denmark

Postby Guest » June 24th, 2004, 12:55 pm

wow!!! YOu all sold me! I am going for sure!! thanx a lot and I'll let you kow how it goes!!!

Return to “Buzz”