Coincidence;NY Lottery picks 911 on 9/11

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Coincidence;NY Lottery picks 911 on 9/11

Postby MaxNY » October 3rd, 2002, 6:58 pm

Not according to a group of scientists from Princeton....But first, We at the Funny Forum need a section called REAL Magic, dedicated to those sightings from the harp farm.... Nothing is more magicial than the first brisk Autumn day, you go outside early one morning and right before you...your breath! The very air of life makes a visual nod to the noggin. Magicial to some.
Last night my wife and I saw "Frank and Johnnie" off Broadway. At dinner I related a story to her. It was about Gwenth Paltrow and her dad taking her to Paris, it made my wife cry. I guess I brought it up because we were having dinner at a restaurant that could have been in Paris... Just five minutes ago she tells me the Gwenth's father passed last night...I had not known this, last night... Walter Gibson always loved hearing "It's A Small World" type stories, he also had one of his favorites. He was walking around New York City one day, and thinking about his brother. (His brother did not live in New York) Well, he met up with an associate, and stopped mid-block to tell his associate about these thoughts he was having about his brother, when who turns the corner...
Coincidence? For those of you who haven't heard. The New York State Lottery picked the numbers 9,1 & 1; on 9/11/2002. Yes, 911 on 911. Now, there are two games daily. (New Yorkers are heavy betters!) So, the odds of this happening are 1 in 500. These "Princeton" boys wonder whether the suprise drawing three weeks ago had anything to do with the electromagnetic activity generated by our brains on one of the days in world history when a vast majority of people on the planet were probably thinking of the same thing. Somehow the deep mass of human emotion produced floating ping-pong balls!
Send all inquires to Dr. Roger Nelson GCP founder and former research coordinator of the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research program at... Princeton University.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Coincidence;NY Lottery picks 911 on 9/11

Postby Matthew Field » October 4th, 2002, 6:33 am

Max -- Have you ever read "The Roots of Coincidence" by Arthur Koestler?

Matt Field

MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Postby MaxNY » October 4th, 2002, 8:00 am

No, I have not... I don't read much, but that sounds like a book I would like. I'll give you another coincidence story...( I use... a lot because I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a new paragraph on this message board!)
---I used to sell shoes upstate, Poughkeepsie way. The woman across from me knew of my magicial ways, but said she believed in the 6th sense, and proceeded to tell me of a story. She was "once" thinking about a girl she went to high school with, then this gal called. I said I needed some time to figure this one out, but came up with an explanation (of sorts). To pass time, another co-worker and I would try to name the artist and song that Musack would play throuout the store. One day while checking a credit card via the phone, Visa put me on hold, and I heard the exact same music as was being pumped throughout our store! I asked them where they were located, Arizona! So, now I was armed with what was my explanation to the two gals coincidence... Musack pumped throughout the United States triggered an unconscious thought between the both of them, perhaps some song they used to dance to way back when. Music has always kicked strong emotions. Even though Musack was playing Top 40 hits from just a year ago, my friend and I would have the toughest time trying to decode the Violins. And without lyrics...very difficult. Image just how a carefully crafted organ composure could unconsciously trigger synapses of fear, love, all kinds of emotions.
---I do attend lots of concerts, Bowie being my favorite. Last year I was at a Jane's Addiction concert when I thought of the greatest idea for Copperhead. Speakers are capable of in-audible tones, why not set up speakers backstage that pump really low tones during peak climaxes, of say a scarey routine? The vibrations of the inaudible tones would be enough to rattle your inners, but you would never hear it! When I used to work in the MTV Studios, they had this 5 foot Gong. Do you know that the inaudible tones coming from that gong (15 minutes after it was hit!) would get me sick to my stomach... Send all inquiries to MTV 1550 Broadway, New York, New York.

Randy Sager

Postby Randy Sager » October 4th, 2002, 8:54 am

Yes MaxNY all the things you asked are coincidence's nothing more nothing less. Unless you talk to someone like Uri Geller and then he will tell you differantly.

Its easy to wonder about those things and think maybe there is something to it. But I have not seen or heard of anything yet to actually make me believe it was more then coincidence.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » October 4th, 2002, 9:12 am

Originally posted by MaxNY:
When I used to work in the MTV Studios, they had this 5 foot Gong. Do you know that the inaudible tones coming from that gong (15 minutes after it was hit!) would get me sick to my stomach.
I've heard things on MTV that got me sick to my stomach as well.

Matt Field

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » October 4th, 2002, 11:08 am

Originally posted by MaxNY:
Image just how a carefully crafted organ composure could unconsciously trigger synapses of fear, love, all kinds of emotions.
---I do attend lots of concerts, Bowie being my favorite. Last year I was at a Jane's Addiction concert when I thought of the greatest idea for Copperhead. Speakers are capable of in-audible tones, why not set up speakers backstage that pump really low tones during peak climaxes, of say a scarey routine? The vibrations of the inaudible tones would be enough to rattle your inners, but you would never hear it!
If I remember correctly, Hitchcock experimented with exactly this kind of thing.

-Jim

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2002, 11:51 am

If I remember right, Illinois had a pick 3 that was 911 on 9-11, too.

Return to “Buzz”