40 days later...did he make it?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

40 days later...did he make it?

Postby MaxNY » January 2nd, 2004, 7:31 pm

A bygone thread said that David Blaine's next illusion was to stay out of the press for the next forty days... Did he make it? There have been no New York sightings of the Blainster, until today. The New York Post's gossip colum "Page six" has the first post Biosphere sighting. David was spotted doing card tricks for new Knick boss Isiah Thomas outside the Knicks locker room after they beat the Miami Heat. Thomas quipped "Can I use that magic on any of the other general managers in the NBA?"
---To which the quick witted Blaine responded...
"...YOUR QUICK WITTED RESPONSE...BELOW PLEASE..."
David really isn't one for quick witted responses.
"Just the ones that have spare time to mingle with magicians outside of their locker rooms!" Snapped back quick witted MaxNY.

Chris Aguilar

Re: 40 days later...did he make it?

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 2nd, 2004, 7:55 pm

:sleep:

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2004, 8:00 pm

This very morning on Good Morning America, it was reported that the people of The United Kingdom, voted David Blaine "The Biggest Loser of All-Time" to have entered their Country. How daft is that? :rolleyes:

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2004, 8:03 pm

Blaine: "NBA - what's that? The Nonsensical Blaine Association? I'm deeply honoured!"

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2004, 8:06 pm

Here's the "biggest loser" news story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 353759.stm

Michael Kamen

Postby Michael Kamen » January 3rd, 2004, 3:16 am

Hmmm. Not to be a Blaine apologist but from the article he is in good (or at least notable) company. Apparently 2nd place was captured by former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith (read: a major political figure, like him or not); 4th place by the Australian Rugby Team (read: a major force in a country that loves its Rugby). Instead of being a sign of DB's unworthiness, one might wonder how he has managed to rate so highly in the sardonically inclined British consciousness.
Michael Kamen

MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Postby MaxNY » January 3rd, 2004, 5:30 am

A thought (or book) that prompted this thread comes from an old paperback put out from the minds of Mad magazine, called Mad Magic. In it was a section they often did in their regular magazine called "Snappy comebacks to Lame statements".
---Two weeks ago,I gave a small performance to my new employers and colleagues, and for weeks I have been hearing those stupid, empty, lameass quips from people... "Did you have a magicial New Year".
"Can you make my Christmas Bills dissappear?"
---I remember one from the Mad folks was "Are you pulling a rabbit out of a hat?" And the snappy reply was "No, I'm pulling a hat from around a rabbit!"
---I find that silence (Chris) is the most hurtful. And I am often left in silence trying to think up an entertaining bout.

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2004, 7:43 am

It would be a better illusion if Blaine could only stick to doing MAGIC for a year, instead of pointless, boring stunts.

Return to “Buzz”