BREAKING NEWS: AMA Members Petition for Meeting to Address Creation of Executive Director Position

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

BREAKING NEWS: AMA Members Petition for Meeting to Address Creation of Executive Director Position

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 15th, 2024, 9:40 pm

EDIT: The original petition lacked an option for a member signature, which it seems is necessary. If you have already signed, please do so again (the first one you did will be replaced automatically with the new one).

BREAKING NEWS: This just popped into my inbox. This QR code will lead AMA members to a petition requesting, per AMA rules, a public meeting with the Board of Directors of the Academy of Magical Arts regarding the apparent non-competitive hiring of Chuck Martinez in the newly created position of Executive Director of The Magic Castle at a salary rumored to be over $350,000 a year, all of which comes out of your dues. I love The Magic Castle. I have signed it. I strongly urge you to sign it if you care about what is happening to our Academy and The Magic Castle.

NEW URL for the Petition: https://amasm.aidaform.com/AMA_Special_ ... xZPj2QBSmc
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John Signa

Re: BREAKING NEWS: AMA Members Petition for Meeting to Address Creation of Executive Director Position

Postby John Signa » March 15th, 2024, 10:34 pm

Who sent it?

Robert77

Re: BREAKING NEWS: AMA Members Petition for Meeting to Address Creation of Executive Director Position

Postby Robert77 » March 16th, 2024, 1:20 am

$350k per year. Nice work if you can get it.

JHostler

Postby JHostler » March 16th, 2024, 7:31 am

Many college and university presidents, running much more complex organizations than the Magic Castle, don't make $350K/yr.
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 17th, 2024, 1:52 pm

BUMP: Please see my edited post above and repeat the process for the stated reason.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”