First lecture of 2024 is...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
magicapplestore

First lecture of 2024 is...

Postby magicapplestore » January 10th, 2024, 2:46 pm

CALEN MORELLI

The Magic Apple is PROUD to announce our first lecture of 2024!!

Come join Calen Morelli for a night of Magic & Optical Illusions. As an advisor to David Blaine and David Copperfield, Calen Morelli has over 17 years of experience as a performing magician and magic creator. The event will focus on teaching both original effects for live performances and visuals for social media. For those who follow his Optical Illusion Art online, Calen will showcase some of his popular pieces from his Instagram (@thenothingexperiment). While his career focus is on filming videos of impossible moments and engineering magic methods, the Q&A section at the end will be open to any questions you might bring for him. This event is for magic lovers and professionals alike. See you there
Jan 31st 6pm
$25 Per person

Call us to sign up 818-508-9921

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Re: First lecture of 2024 is...

Postby Ted M » January 14th, 2024, 8:54 pm

You're announcing this event on a global forum.

Are you streaming this lecture?

Or is it a strictly local event, taking place in a location that your announcement neglects to identify?

magicapplestore

Postby magicapplestore » January 18th, 2024, 5:51 pm

There are still seats available for the LIVE IN PERSON ONLY Lecture event at The Magic Apple in Studio City, CA. The one that has been in business for 20 years

Give us a call to sign up 818-508-9921

jason156
Favorite Magician: Bro. John Hamman, Simon Aronson, David Regal

Postby jason156 » January 18th, 2024, 9:39 pm

Ted M wrote:You're announcing this event on a global forum.

Are you streaming this lecture?

Or is it a strictly local event, taking place in a location that your announcement neglects to identify?

You'll note in other threads they don't respond to questions .. there's your answer, it's advertising.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 19th, 2024, 1:56 am

I am not seeing what the big problem is. Brent has been advertising his local lectures on this site since he became a welcome member over eight years ago. Ted and Jason, you both have been members here over 15 years, which means you have probably seen his many announcements for his shop's lectures. Also in that time, many people have advertised localized lectures, gatherings, classes, auctions, conventions, shows, and more. If there was an online element, logic says he, and all those others, would have included links and other information. "See you there," the last three words of Brent's original post here, has a clear meaning. He's not neglecting anything, and never has. As far as Brent not answering questions here, he has a small business to run. He doesn't monitor the Genii Forum. He says in his posts to call him. That means something, too. Have a question? Call him.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » January 19th, 2024, 9:15 pm

Hi Dustin,

By "Brent" I presume you're talking about magicapplestore, whose name does not appear anywhere in this thread prior to your post?

I've noticed that Mr magicapplestore periodically posts identical lists of books for sale elsewhere as canadaguy, which--when he supplies no other information--strongly suggests to me that his location would mostly likely be in Canada.

The Magic Apple is not, alas, a famous store, and Brett is not a famous shopowner. He is also a demonstrably careless poster, omitting basics like the location of the lecture he is hosting or a link to any webpage at all (for the event, for his store, even the lecturer's own website?). Bafflingly, he's also the only poster so far in this thread not to provide location information in his profile, which displays with every post. So it is far from unthinkable that he might also have omitted other major event information, such as details on streaming, especially since streaming is now commonplace and he is advertising to a geographically dispersed audience on the World Wide Web.

Congratulations to Brett on 20 years in business. My closest magic shop, Conjurer's Corner, handily beats that mark, yet I don't expect you or anybody else to know what city it's in -- though at least folks could take a reasonable guess based on the location displayed in my profile.

By the way, thanks for your end-of-year roundup. It's always a treat to read.

magicapplestore

Postby magicapplestore » February 2nd, 2024, 5:50 pm

Ted:
My name is BRENT
The Magic Apple in in Studio City, Ca - I didn't say anything about owning a famous store.

Dustin:
Thanx for the nice words!

Return to “Buzz”