Andre Kole and Company

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

Andre Kole and Company

Postby Scott Wells » January 4th, 2018, 2:05 pm

On a recent visit to Phoenix, AZ, I had the opportunity to have dinner with a long-time friend, Andre Kole, and his lovely wife, Kathy. My hope was to record our chat for a podcast. But due to Andre's health, memory and speech, I thought it would be better to just enjoy our time together rather than try to record anything. As it happened though, his son, Tim Kole, was due in that evening along with Les McKinney who would be in town for a couple days. So the following morning, I went to one of Andre's warehouses where I met up with Andre, Tim, Les and long-time assistant, Craig Greenwood who were going through the illusion inventory in an attempt to see what they could put up for sale. Each of them had a little time to chat between working and inventorying which is posted in this podcast. We talked about some of Andre's world tours, working cruise ships, how they intend to dispose of Andre's illusions, and much more.

You can view a video of Andre in one of his earlier performances, see some original photos, read the blog, listen online to our podcast, and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... nd-company
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Andre Kole and Company

Postby Q. Kumber » January 7th, 2018, 1:42 pm

In the early 80's the local Baptist Church in Phibsboro advertised the showing of a film about Andre Kole and the Spirits. The part I remember most was his presentation of The Spirit Cabinet, which, I believe was taught to him by Frances Willard.

The latter part was Kole performing the cut and restored light bulb cord with strong religious undertones. It is the only time I've seen such magic done with good taste and complete respect for the intelligence of the audience.

Return to “Buzz”