Max Maven & Donald Trump?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Stokes

Max Maven & Donald Trump?

Postby Richard Stokes » December 29th, 2017, 9:48 am

Daily Telegraph, London: “Covfefe” is the winner of our online poll of the word of the year, receiving 27 per cent of the vote and pushing “Maybot” into second place on 17 per cent. “Bitcoin” came third on 16 per cent.

Covfefe, for the uninitiated, was invented by President Donald Trump. In May he tweeted to his 44m followers: “Despite the constant negative press covfefe.” And that was that.

The world’s most powerful man left it up there overnight without comment or clarification. At 6am the following morning Trump deleted the original tweet and replaced it with another reading: “Who can figure out the true meaning of ‘covfefe’??? Enjoy”.

A coded message to the Russians? The nuclear launch codes? Trump’s attempt at Gaelic to reconnect with his much flaunted Scottish roots or simply a slip of the presidential thumb?

We shall never know. "

I read this in today's Telegraph. But I wonder if Trump meant 'KAYFABE'? - secret staged events - as in wrestling. Max Maven and Donald Trump might have something in common.

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Re: Max Maven & Donald Trump?

Postby Christopher1979 » December 29th, 2017, 10:03 am

Richard Stokes wrote:Daily Telegraph, London: “Covfefe” is the winner of our online poll of the word of the year, receiving 27 per cent of the vote and pushing “Maybot” into second place on 17 per cent. “Bitcoin” came third on 16 per cent.

Covfefe, for the uninitiated, was invented by President Donald Trump. In May he tweeted to his 44m followers: “Despite the constant negative press covfefe.” And that was that.

The world’s most powerful man left it up there overnight without comment or clarification. At 6am the following morning Trump deleted the original tweet and replaced it with another reading: “Who can figure out the true meaning of ‘covfefe’??? Enjoy”.

A coded message to the Russians? The nuclear launch codes? Trump’s attempt at Gaelic to reconnect with his much flaunted Scottish roots or simply a slip of the presidential thumb?

We shall never know. "

I read this in today's Telegraph. But I wonder if Trump meant 'KAYFABE'? - secret staged events - as in wrestling. Max Maven and Donald Trump might have something in common.

Wow!, i thought that this was the one place that would allow me to get away from politics! ;)
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Richard Stokes

Postby Richard Stokes » December 29th, 2017, 1:37 pm

It's not meant to be a political post.
The Telegraph is a conservative newspaper, not a 'liberal' paper by the way.
I'm just wondering if covfefe could be kayfabe? And I was not aware of the expression kayfabe until I came across Max Maven's new DVD release.
It's about modern slang and its possible meaning, and the post is not tied to any political point of view.
I welcome any feedback on these unusual terms.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » December 29th, 2017, 6:35 pm

I would be stunned if that were the case.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 29th, 2017, 7:49 pm

QWERTY keyboard as code: string "covfefe". - coverege - whoops should have been an "a"-... from experience :) :oops:
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “Buzz”