Tommy Wonder's "Ring, Watch & Wallet" on eBay

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Stone

Tommy Wonder's "Ring, Watch & Wallet" on eBay

Postby Tom Stone » November 13th, 2017, 10:14 am

(I'm not sure where to put this, since I'm not involved in the auction, I'm only bringing attention to it.)

The Tommy Wonder estate have just placed the original Ring, Watch & Wallet on eBay.

This is the set that Tommy used himself in performances, which might, or might not, be of interest for collectors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tommy-Wonder-E ... 2785978873

Bill Mullins

Re: Tommy Wonder's "Ring, Watch & Wallet" on eBay

Postby Bill Mullins » November 13th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Look at the beads on the back of the watch -- nothing left to chance, here . . .

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » November 13th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Bill Mullins wrote:Look at the beads on the back of the watch -- nothing left to chance, here . . .

True! Since those beads are mentioned in neither the books nor the videos, I asked Frank about it. He replied:
-"Jos added those small rollers hoping that would make it easier to slide the watch of his wrist, but it didn't make any difference at all"

Some dude on Magic Cafe insisted that this auction was a scam by Frank, because the props didn't look the way he had decided Tommy's props should look like. So I made a screen capture from the DVD where those beads are visible:
Not that the effort mattered, some moderator deleted the thread a few minutes later. Apparently it isn't allowed to bring attention to material by our best.

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » November 21st, 2017, 3:33 pm

One day left of the auction.

Dick Koornwinder

Postby Dick Koornwinder » November 21st, 2017, 5:58 pm

Yes Tom...one day left! If you are a serious collector and also an admirer of Tommy Wonder this is an unique chance to obtain an original prop Tommy Wonder has used professionally during his (too short) career. See my posting on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbwtf2YllHD/

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » November 21st, 2017, 7:55 pm

The current bid is currently up over $1300. A bit rich for my blood, but to a collector with the cash, probably a bargain. Tommy is one of the all-time GREATS, and that routine was unbelievable! For me, I will just stick with the very sophisticated and stylish watch I've been wearing for a long time. I can always figure out the time just by the position of Mickey's big hand and his little one...

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » November 25th, 2017, 11:56 pm

Started at just $1 and sold for $3,800!

Return to “Buzz”