Martin Lewis - A Study in Experience

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

Martin Lewis - A Study in Experience

Postby Scott Wells » November 9th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Martin Lewis has resided in the U.S. for 50 years and has left and is still leaving) an indelible mark on our craft. His creative genius has brought us several original effects that have found their way into the acts of many of us including Michael Weber, Dan Garrett, and David Copperfield, just to drop a few names.

In this week's podcast, Martin shared some of his thoughts about creativity, dealing with pre-show jitters, and handling volunteers. He also talks about his late father, Eric Lewis, and the "Carter the Great" paper that was found in "Earthquake Muldoon's" in San Francisco. You can view a video of Martin performing his "Cardiographic", see some photos, read the blog, hear some product reviews, listen to the podcast, and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... rtin-lewis

And if you plan to ever purchase ANYTHING from Amazon for the holidays, special occasions or for yourself, then please use this link to your account which will help The Magic Word Podcast: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8 ... DGITXG24X7 Thanks for your support.
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

performer

Re: Martin Lewis - A Study in Experience

Postby performer » November 9th, 2017, 5:24 pm

I don't know much about Martin but I can certainly tell you something about his father, Eric Lewis. He wrote the most important words ever put on paper regarding children's entertainment in the book he co-authored with Wilfrid Tyler. Not so much the rest of the book which although good is not what I am talking about. I am referring to the opening chapter which is pure gold and should be read by anyone who wants to entertain children. The book is Open Sesame.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » November 10th, 2017, 8:49 pm

This is a fun podcast (as was the recent podcast with the Evasions), and it got me happily through an afternoon of leaf raking.

Genii subscribers are invited to turn back to the September 2002 Martin Lewis cover story for all sorts of fun stories and facts about Martin.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » November 11th, 2017, 10:21 pm

I am looking forward to listening to this podcast - thanks for bringing these to us.

Has anyone seen Martin's take on the chop cup, using a (I think "Green Giant") pea can for the cup and a simulated pea for the ball? I saw it on a DVD on the chop cup I bought many years ago. Very creative and entertaining...

Return to “Buzz”