Orson Bean - It Began With A Fir Tree

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

Orson Bean - It Began With A Fir Tree

Postby Scott Wells » October 6th, 2017, 11:11 am

This week we visit the home of comedy and television legend, Orson Bean. We are joined by his lovely and talented actress wife, Alley Mills (who, among many other parts, played Norma Arnold on "The Wonder Years"), who together regale us in the back part of this podcast with an excerpt from their two person play, "Alright Then" This podcast is a trip down memory lane with Orson Bean who talks about his interest in magic and how he incorporated it into his comedy act in the early days. He also talks about his many TV appearances including his years on "To Tell The Truth" game show and Johnny Carson's Tonight Show and the Ernie Kovacs show.

This podcast was inspired by seeing Orson Bean on the cover of his 1960 comedy album holding a newspaper fir tree. I figured he must have some interest in magic. And indeed he does. Orson is a member of the Academy of Magical Arts and during this past summer, he and Alley presented their two person play for "member night" to rave reviews.

You can watch a full length performance of Orson's one-man play "Safe At Home" that was recorded at the Pacific Resident Theater, see some candid photos, read the blog, listen to the podcast online and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... orson-bean

As we approach a milestone of 400 episodes, I sincerely hope that you are enjoying the content that I have posted over the years. If you have a passion about magic as I have, then please consider "sharing the love" and making a one-time donation or monthly pledge with any amount you think it is worth to you. If you consider other tricks you buy and media (books, magazines, etc.) and how much you spend on them each month, then please consider sharing some portion of your monthly magic expenses with The Magic Word. Consider it as buying me a cup of coffee (or a single malt scotch) each month as you listen and enjoy each weekly podcast. Thanks for your consideration and for your support.
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”