Mentalist receives death threats

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

performer

Re: Mentalist receives death threats

Postby performer » September 28th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Oh, he is from the Holy Province of Ulster! I have had death threats there too just from selling svengali decks and insulting the natives. I think the last straw was when they refused to buy anything I retorted, "I've got the last laugh. You have to live here!" That did upset them a trifle and a few of them came back the next day to inform me that saying this in Northern Ireland was a recipe for a short life in that part of the world. Silly people. Nobody acted like that in Yorkshire I must say even when I said exactly the same thing there. Mind you, they knew there that what I said was quite true.

It reminded me of the time I went on British television and used a deck of cards I purchased in Belfast which looked quite innocuous to me. It had a very pretty picture of a nice big red hand on the back. Just before I went on the cameraman said "Surely to God you are not going to use those cards" I was quite puzzled and asked, "Why not" He responded "That is the Red Hand of Ulster" I had no idea what the hell he was talking about and of course I used it on television. As a result all hell broke loose.

You have to be Irish to understand why. I wasn't so I didn't

I have had bombs going off around me in that part of the world when selling svengali decks there. Most impolite if I may say so.

I expect Mr Meade will get excellent publicity out of it and good luck to him.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » September 29th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Well, if he's really good, then at least he will know ahead of time when and where someone might be coming after him...

observer
Favorite Magician: Harry Kellar - Charlie Miller - Paul Rosini - Jay Marshall

Postby observer » September 29th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Well, he received them, but since they weren't meant for him one must assume he did the polite thing and forwarded the death threats to the right David Meade.

Diego

Postby Diego » September 29th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Joe Atmore, told when he was consulting with Uri Geller, doing his TV program in different countries, Uri and the stations in certain countries did get death threats, because Uri was Jewish...never mind anything else!

On another note, time is the great enemy of prophets and prophecy...the clock keeps ticking and the world doesn't come to an end after all, no one is redeemed or condemned...only disappointed and embarrassed, year after year.

My favorite is to read later printings of books that told of prophecies to come, that are, "revised/updated" versions! When a number of prophets pointed to 1988 as the year to be, more than one reporter has pointed out they have since outlived their prophecies by decades.

Alan Watts said the most accurate prophecies were actually descriptions of what was already taking place, (wars, famine, general unhappiness, etc.) rather than what is to be. ("See, it's happening already!")

Return to “Buzz”