Ken Klosterman - help with upcoming biography

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Ken Klosterman - help with upcoming biography

Postby Joe Mckay » September 25th, 2017, 5:46 pm

I apologize for the following strange request. But I am trying to track down the identity of a member from a different forum.

Does anyone know 'the fritz' who wrote the following post?

http://www.themagiciansforum.com/post?id=7939671

He also posts under the name 'the fritz' on The Magic Cafe as well.

The post above a is lovely tribute to the legendary magic collector, Ken Klosterman. And I have been asked by a writer working on a biography of Ken Klosterman if I can track down the above poster so that he can include the story above in the upcoming book. I happened to mention the post above to Ken and that led to this request.

I have posted in the thread above as well (over at The Magician's Forum). But thought I would try my luck here as well. Since the internet is such a small place - at least when it comes to chatting about magic.

I cannot use The Magic Cafe for a few more weeks since I have been temporarily banned after mentioning The Jerx one time too many!

Anyway - if anybody knows how I can contact 'the fritz' please PM me or email me at joe_mckay@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Joe Mckay

PS I tried contacting the poster through the forum (PM and email) but got no response.

performer

Re: Ken Klosterman - help with upcoming biography

Postby performer » September 25th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Why don't you contact that Rudy chap who runs the forum?

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » September 25th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Good idea. Maybe he can grant permission for the use of the post as well? I wonder if owners of a forum own the copyright on what gets posted?

performer

Postby performer » September 25th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Rudy Tinoco is the guy in charge. He has the rather daft idea of trying to make everyone love each other on his forum. He is a Christian pastor and will feel that it is his holy duty to assist you. Worth a try.

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » September 26th, 2017, 8:27 am

Joe, your guy just posted to you on the magicians Forum with his contact info. Yes it was a great story and having been a recipient of Kens generosity myself, I can attest to it.

Jeff Pierce

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 26th, 2017, 11:38 am

No Forum owns the copyright on what you post. You automatically own the copyright.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

performer

Postby performer » September 26th, 2017, 12:37 pm

I have seen some forums come up with some legal gobblygook saying that agreeing to post is a licence for the forum to use the material as they see fit. Almost as if they own the content.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » September 26th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Everything is taken care of now.

Also - be sure to read the original post about Ken Klosterman. It is a wonderful story. The world of magic is such a great place and people like Ken are instrumental in that.

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » September 26th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:No Forum owns the copyright on what you post. You automatically own the copyright.

Now if someone would please tell that to the other guy:

"All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved."

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » September 26th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Joe Mckay wrote:Thanks for the responses, everyone. Everything is taken care of now.

Also - be sure to read the original post about Ken Klosterman. It is a wonderful story. The world of magic is such a great place and people like Ken are instrumental in that.

There is a very nice video Re: Mr. Klosterman in that thread as well.

My favorite quote from the video is a statement Mr. Klosterman made with regards to his collection:

"...if you don't share it with other people, what's the point of having it?"

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » September 27th, 2017, 12:56 am

I have read Ken Klosterman and David Copperfield both say that they learn a lot by giving tours of their magic collections.

Form time to time a visitor will have a tidbit of information about one of the pieces that they were not aware of and that helps them to appreciate and understand what it is they have in their collections.

They both have done a tremendous service to magic.

Personally - if I was a magic collector - I would focus on close-up magic. I am not so interested in stage magic, posters and illusions when looking at a magic collection. I once did a thread on close-up effects from the past that have been largely forgotten about. And it would be great to see a collection that focused on such ephemeral effects. Along with magic books, magazines and booklets.

http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtop ... =6&t=47812

Return to “Buzz”