The October Issue of Genii is Now Live Online!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The October Issue of Genii is Now Live Online!

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 18th, 2017, 12:53 pm

The October issue of Genii is now live online! http://www.geniimagazine.com

On our cover this month is the astounding French magician Bebel. He’s a quiet and sort of mysterious character who doesn’t speak a lot of English, which probably accounts for some of the mystery. But he really has a very different take on the way magic—his magic—should be presented. Accompanying the story are three tricks created by Bebel and described by John Guastaferro—our version of “Magicana” this month.

We’ve devoted quite a few pages of our October issue to a tribute to Eugene Burger, who died in August at age 78., with pieces by Max Maven, Stephen Minch, Derren Brown, and Larry Hass. And I’m pleased to be able to publish for the first time one of his favorite routines, “Thirteen at Dinner.”

Because of the two large features this month, we have fewer columns but they’re good ones. Richard Wiseman brings us part two of “Master Class” with David Berglas, this time focusing on predictions, numbers, and magic squares; Jim Steinmeyer’s “Conjuring” explains a remarkable new mindreading deck; in “Chamber of Secrets” John Gaughan looks back at the very odd apparatus called “The Jumping Card”; in the penultimate installment of Helder Guimarães’ column “Invisible Strings” he teaches a very fine version of “Cards Across” with a sleight sequence in it that will find a home in other routines, I’m sure; Jonathan Pendragon writes about his experiences performing on the TV series Masters of Illusion in “Panmagium”; David Britland teases us with a “Doozee” of a coincidence trick in “Cardopolis”; Play the game What’s Your Job? With David Kaye, who gets into an imbroglio with a taxi driver in “The Expert at the Kids’ Table”; the roundup ends and the horses return to the barn as the issue concludes with reviews of tricks by David Regal, videos by Dustin Stinett, and books by Tom Frame. I have to make a point of thanking Tom for starting work on the book reviews the day after having a hip replacement!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: The October Issue of Genii is Now Live Online!

Postby Q. Kumber » September 18th, 2017, 1:21 pm

How wonderful that the piece on Eugene started on page 78. He would have loved that.

And thank you Max for including your Thirteen For Dinner handling.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » October 4th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Was there a delay in sending out the print version? Have not yet received mine.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 4th, 2017, 9:30 pm

A few days later than usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » October 9th, 2017, 9:09 am

Arrived this morning in Manchester, England.

Return to “Buzz”