Rachel Colombini...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
prestigiazione.it

Rachel Colombini...

Postby prestigiazione.it » September 13th, 2017, 4:33 am

There are a lot of different and contrasting news about her... do someone have correct informations?
Prestigiazione.it - Magic News in italian :: CM2P - Circolo Magico Due di Picche

Terry

Re: Rachel Colombini...

Postby Terry » September 13th, 2017, 2:42 pm

According to SAM Facebook page, she has passed away - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAMcompeers/

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » September 13th, 2017, 10:04 pm

According to a member of Rachel's family, "have had no official evidence or confirmation of her death."

prestigiazione.it

Postby prestigiazione.it » September 14th, 2017, 4:33 am

Scott Wells stated that she passed away the 11th of sptember, but on a forum the news was published the 6th of september, stating that she passed "a month before". Plot Thickens...
Prestigiazione.it - Magic News in italian :: CM2P - Circolo Magico Due di Picche

Scott Wells

Postby Scott Wells » September 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

I reported what I had read from the Ulster Magic Society where she was their Vice President. They reported that she had passed. She called me from Spain over a year ago and said that she was still too emotional to record a podcast about Aldo. I later heard that her physical health condition required her to return to the U.K. where she later went into hospice and had a friend (unknown person to me) who cared for her. She apparently spoke with a few close friends who promised privacy and have not shared the details of her health issues. As many know, there was a crowd funding campaign some years ago to help with a heart problem she had. I think there was a mug shot of her posted last year following a DUI incident, too.

I also understand that she had disassociated and completely alienated herself from her immediate family. A Magic Cafe forum thread said her family was desperately searching for her for the past year and requested any information that might lead to her whereabouts. Someone else reported that Aldo's niece (Barbara?) reported her passing a "few months ago."

She was very private towards the end and at this time there is no official verification, first hand account nor obituary reporting her death. On the other hand, there is no one to refute her passing. The only question appears to be "when did she die".
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

performer

Postby performer » September 14th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Maybe it is just me but there is something about the tone of this thread which is making me uncomfortable.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 14th, 2017, 7:05 pm

It is certainly odd.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 15th, 2017, 11:16 pm

From Facebook.

‎Mandy Davis‎ to Members of The Magic Circle
Yesterday at 11:31am · Letchworth, United Kingdom ·
I have been asked to post this here in the hope someone may know something...........................Know anything about this post about Rachel Colombini?
This story gets stranger. The following was posted two days ago in response to someone claiming to have seen a death notice posted by Aldo's daughter Barbara:
"I am Rachel's niece back in the UK.
We, nor Barbara have had any contact with Rachel in over a year - we were unsure of her whereabouts and the family have been trying to make contact for sometime with family news. Barbara was under the impression she was here with her family in the UK - that's not the case. She had been informed of her death by a friend of Rachel's in Florida but that is all we have heard.
She last visited us in the UK 3 years ago and hasn't been or heard from since, we have been trying to contact her to no avail.
We have had no contact from any official body confirming her death or whereabouts and we have contacted every embassy, police force and friend or family member we can think of however no one has any information.
As you can understand, her family are extremely distressed and concerned as the Facebook post was the first bit of information we had received.
If anybody at all has even the slightest bit of information on her movements over the last 3 years, we would really appreciate you contacting us.
My email is laurenwright2208@gmail.com or my UK mobile number is 07932850162.
I will of course up date here with any news. "
Comment
Comments
View 5 more comments
James Fortune
James Fortune She has/had three surnames: Colombini, Jones and ... does anyone remember her maiden name?
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Remove
Peter Zenner
Peter Zenner She must have had four surnames, James. When I met her she was married to a magic dealer in the Manchester area. I can't remember his name though; he wasn't one of the "big" names.
Like · Reply · 13 hrs
Remove
Peter Zenner
Peter Zenner I have just done a Google search and came up with a posting by someone called "Blathermist" on The Magicians' Forum - "Bad and very sad news. I haven't seen Rachel for years, but did see her regularly when she lived over Manchester way and her name was Fenton. My abiding memory of her is in the Magick Shoppe in Sheffield. We (a group of us) were stood around gabbing, when for some reason she decided to stand on her head. Fun times..." I think that she was from Stockport, which is very close to Manchester.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs
Remove
Peter Zenner
Peter Zenner And this is from her biography on http://www.ibmring81.com/RachelWildColombini.html - "I established Wild Magic in 1999 in the US (Wild was my maiden name) and began dealing at numerous conventions all over America and all over the world. After a couple of years I got back into close-up performing as well as dealing and then began lecturing on the art of magic." So that's Rachel Wild-Fenton-Jones-Colombini. Sorted!

Rachel Wild Colombini
IBMRING81.COM
Like · Reply · 12 hrs
Remove
Iain Moran
Iain Moran She was married to Phil Fenton, a Manchester magic dealer when I first met her probably 20 years ago. She lived in Baguley, South Manchester.
Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs · Edited
Remove
Richard Kaufman

Write a reply...

Choose File
Mick Peck
Mick Peck Rachel Wild was the name she used when performing with Tom Jones.
Like · Reply · 2 · 16 hrs
Remove
Mandy Davis
Mandy Davis I only know her family were in the Manchester area and she quarrelled with them when she and Tom came over for her dads funeral. She left them and came to stay with us, refusing to go back for the funeral.
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » September 15th, 2017, 11:58 pm

Maybe she just crumbled when she lost Aldo. They seemed inseparable. It wouldn't be the first time that after losing a soul mate, someone didn't want to stick around, and maybe she wanted to join Aldo. What a sweet, wonderful, guy and a very creative and entertaining magician who always exuded a love of Magic. I miss him.

performer

Postby performer » September 16th, 2017, 4:30 am

You know, there is just a chance, perhaps only a small one that she is still alive and reading this. If she is still in a state of grieving and distress then this is what I would suggest to her. Losing a spouse is a terrible thing and can turn your entire life upside down. You just might want to get away from everybody and everything. I suspect this may well be what has happened. I would recommend a wonderful book to her which could well bring back some equilibrium to her life. It is called "Widowed" by Dr Joyce Brothers.

Dr Brothers is a very famous psychologist who helped hundreds of people through her work but then was confronted with her own loss of a spouse of 39 years. She went through unbelievable turmoil and even contemplated suicide. In the end she came through it and wrote of her experience so that it could help others in the same position.

Here is the information:

https://www.amazon.com/Widowed-Joyce-Br ... 0345374002

Here is the blurb concerning the book:

In 1989, Dr. Joyce Brothers's husband of more than thirty years, Dr. Milton Brothers, passed away. As a widow, Dr. Brothers found herself emotionally lost and alone, at sea in an ocean of grief -- until she dealt with her despair, overcame her loneliness, and, gradually, put her life back together again.
In WIDOWED, Dr. Brothers shares this intimate journey and offers the knowledge she has gained along the way. In her personal, comforting way, Dr. Joyce Brothers describes the very real incidents and feelings that every woman who has lived through the death of a spouse will immediately recognize.
Here is compassionate insight on confronting grief and loss, coping with the myriad emotions that bombard a widow, and handling the pain and self-pity that ultimately lead to change. This is the book you can turn to for support, strength, and, most importantly, a glimpse of hope.
"Crammed with good advice, generously coated with genuine compassion, WIDOWED is must reading." -- The Pittsburgh Press

Return to “Buzz”