Magician friends in Texas?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

Magician friends in Texas?

Postby erdnasephile » August 28th, 2017, 1:55 pm

Just heard from Marshall at H & R Books in Texas who suffered tree vs. roof water damage, but despite this, is still getting ready to go down with a rescue group to help those less fortunate. (Good on you, Marshall! -- gonna place an order soon to support your efforts)

Was wondering how those of you out there in TX and/or magicians you know in TX are faring.

Tom Gilbert

Re: Magician friends in Texas?

Postby Tom Gilbert » August 28th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Bob White said he was pretty far north, but still getting rain. Saw on FB that Gary Plants didn't have power, not sure about Jared Kopf.

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » August 28th, 2017, 8:12 pm

From Facebook posts, Jared is fine. Like Bob, quite far north of the serious rain activity. Gary Plants has power again and no storm damage (yet) to his property. Charlie Randall and family are safe, staying with neighbors because his "treehouse" (14 feat off the ground but on a bayou) is inaccessible and may actually have water on the first floor (which would mean a rise in the water lever of probably 20 feet!). Last I heard, he was without power and the neighbor was surrounded by water, but he hope to check out his home soon...

I suspect Marshall won't make the TAOM this year, and many other from the Gulf Coast area as well. It will take some time to recover from this one...

Scott Wells

Postby Scott Wells » August 28th, 2017, 8:25 pm

We are located just two miles west of downtown and three blocks from the Buffalo Bayou that runs through uptown. The Bayou is well over its banks and I ventured out yesterday and posted a live stream on my Facebook page. It is incredible. I posted an update earlier today showing that the water receded about five feet making room for the levies that will be released into the Bayou later today that is expected to really cause it to rise.

We've had about 24" of rain in the past 48 hours here with another 20" predicted over the next three days. So far though, our street and home is not flooded, we have electricity, and we're sheltering in place. So we're holding in there and safe.
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”