R.I.P. Ian Ogilvy, Trevor Dawson, Peter Diamond

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

R.I.P. Ian Ogilvy, Trevor Dawson, Peter Diamond

Postby Q. Kumber » July 16th, 2017, 7:20 am

Sad to report that Ian Ogilvy passed away in Spain on Monday 10th July. I first met Ian in the 70's when he was working the Fiesta nightclub in Dublin along with his then wife Lan Sharon (daughter of Jack Hughes). He later ran PROPS, making high quality magical apparatus before running a number of jewellery shops.

Trevor Dawson, magical historian, author and collector, past president of the Modern Mystic League, Blackburn, passed away after a short illness on Friday 14th July.

Peter Diamond, magic dealer and illusion builder from Preston, passed away over the weekend.

Brad Henderson

Re: R.I.P. Ian Ogilvy, Trevor Dawson, Peter Diamond

Postby Brad Henderson » July 16th, 2017, 9:31 am

i have alway loved ian's blocks of san ye. i own two sets. years ago at the eastbourne convention i sat down next to a man and we started talking. turned out it was ian. we chatted and he was happy to learn where two of his boxes were.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 16th, 2017, 12:51 pm

RIP to all three of them
I only knew Trevor, and he was always very friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » July 16th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Lucky you Brad having two sets. I only have one. Incidentally the trick originally appeared in Abra.

Peter Diamond was quite a character and loved theatre and showbiz. He must have seen every summer show that appeared in Blackpool during his adult life. He was also good friends with John Inman (Mr. Humphries from Are You Being Served) and as a young man John used put on shows in Peter's garage. In the 70's, 80's and 90's Peter always had a couple of showgirls at his stand. He knew most of the greats who performed or toured in England and made props for many of them. He made almost a whole new show for Mandrake before Mandrake moved to Australia - without paying Peter. Mandrake was running off with Max Andrews' wife and got himself killed in Australia.

Peter supplied Ken Brooke with his Multiplying Bottles.

Here's a story that happened to Peter more recently:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... opped.html

Return to “Buzz”