The July Issue of Genii is Now Live Online and in the Mail

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The July Issue of Genii is Now Live Online and in the Mail

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 19th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Bill Malone is on the cover of Genii, the subject of an excellent story about him by Charlie Frye (who knows a good thing when he sees it). I’ve known Bill since he was in diapers (he was about 17 years old back then), and it was pleasing to me to see him not only grow out of diapers (eventually) but also become both one of the funniest and most talented cardmen in our field.

This issue we present an important article that revises the history of magic as we know it, written by Dr. Peter Lamont. The essay looks at the early history of our craft in a new light, and with careful scholarship decisively dismisses some of our long-held beliefs. It’s one of the most important pieces ever to appear in Genii.

This issue contains, in addition to the main features, our roster of columnists—the brightest stars in magic.

John Lovick will begin a new audio column with this issue of Genii: “Brief Encounters,” wherein he will chat with famous magicians from around the world every month.

Mike Caveney’s “Classic Correspondence” digs deep into T. Nelson Downs and S. Leo Horowitz.

Dani DaOrtiz reveals one of his favorite thought-card routines in “DaOrtiz ala Carte!”

Martin Lewis explains how to make a gigantic card float in front of you (he wanted to sell it separately, but no! It’s in this issue!) in “Making Magic”

Mr. Hannibal, once in Germany, was accosted by hookers under a bridge—and I’ll let him explain that one in “Happiness is the Road”

John Bannon returns with yet another dazzling card routine called “Queenpins.” I have no idea … and I mean absolutely no idea … what that means, but it’s a fine trick, in “Dealing With It”

Tom Stone—the Tom Stone—couldn’t think of a complete routine, so you get four different effects from him, damn clever too, in “Lodestones”

Jeff Prace spends some “Moments in Silence” in “Left-Handed”

The devious and dexterous Kainoa Harbottle demands much of you in “By Means of Metal” when he teaches a version of Earl Johnson’s Palm Change, but done from Edge Grip. Ouch, baby!

Toward the home stretch we come to John Guastaferro’s excellent “Magicana” with some eye-popping miracles (enough hyperbole for you?)
Todd Karr brings you the latest titbits, in “The Eye”

Jon Racherbaumer reads more than any human in “On the Slant”

We wrestle things to a close with Dustin Stinett reviewing videos, David Regal reviewing tricks, and Tom Frame reviewing books.

Join us at http://www.geniimagazine.com where subscriptions start for as little as $35.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: The July Issue of Genii is Now Live Online and in the Mail

Postby Steve Bryant » July 11th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Before you guys consign your Bill Malone issue to wherever you stash past issues, be sure to read Hannibal's piece. it's very funny.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: The July Issue of Genii is Now Live Online and in the Mail

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 11th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Thanks, Steve. Hannibal's columns are great.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”