Håkan Berg at Le Plus Grand Cabaret!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Stone

Håkan Berg at Le Plus Grand Cabaret!

Postby Tom Stone » April 12th, 2017, 7:48 am

The swedish magician & comedian Håkan Berg visited the show "Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Monde" (TV" France) 8 April 2017.
Awesome response! :)

View on Vimeo

Besides appearing in the shows at the Genii convention in October, Håkan, together with Axel Adlercreutz and I, will give a 3 hour hands-on workshop in misdirection, subplots and comedy: https://geniiconvention.com/#workshops

performer

Re: Håkan Berg at Le Plus Grand Cabaret!

Postby performer » April 12th, 2017, 3:52 pm

I have never seen a bad act on that show. Not even once. And I have seen many acts on there. And yet I see bad acts all the time at magic conventions. What is it that the French TV people know that convention organisers don't?

fausstroll

Postby fausstroll » April 13th, 2017, 8:36 am

The main responsible for the quality is Monique Nakachian which directs the casting of the plus grand cabaret since the beginning (19 years ago).
I think that one reason of the quality is also that it is not a magic show but a "Cabaret". As a consequence the judgement for the selection is not only on the magic, but on many other criterion : entertainment, humor, artistic, poesy, physical performance ...

Tom Moore

Postby Tom Moore » April 13th, 2017, 8:49 am

Monique also owns probably the most powerful & important variety/circus booking agency in Europe - so has a huge database of tried and tested acts & a formidable reputation to protect. She also very actively tours Europe visiting smaller gala shows and productions looking for undiscovered acts; she is truely what you expect and hope an agent to be.
"Ingenious" - Ben Brantley: New York Times

thomasmoorecreative

performer

Postby performer » April 13th, 2017, 9:31 am

All I can say in that case is that she does a bloody good job of it.

Return to “Buzz”