338: The Presidents' Messages - IBM/SAM/The Magic Circle

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

338: The Presidents' Messages - IBM/SAM/The Magic Circle

Postby Scott Wells » January 5th, 2017, 3:19 pm

Prior to the inauguration of the President of the free world, this week we hear what really matters in the magic world from the Presidents of three of the world's top magic organizations: Jeff Sikora (Society of American Magicians), Oscar Munoz (International Brotherhood of Magicians), and Scott Penrose (The Magic Circle).

In their individual messages, they talk about their original vision of what they wanted to accomplish during their time in office, what they have achieved, and what they plan to do with the balance of their terms in office. To me, perhaps the most significant advancement is The Magic Circle taking advantage of the Facebook technology and live streaming Monday night lectures to its members. This is of great benefit to overseas members and, because it is a "closed group" on Facebook, it is not open to all. It is as if you are attending a meeting in real time or you can enjoy it later at your convenience.

Of all the three gentleman's comments, I found Oscar's to be the frank. He talks about his frustration of trying to get things accomplished when he is thwarted by some on his own staff and on the Board. I guess politics is politics regardless of how big or small the organization is.

You can see a couple promo videos (one for The Magic Circle and the other for the S.A.M. - the I.B.M. does not have a promo video I could find), see some photos, read the blog, listen to the podcast online, hear product reviews, and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... sages-2017

Congratulations to the winner of last week's contest: Jeroen Wijs (from the Netherlands) who won the eBook by Devin Knight, "The Human Pin Cushion" offered by our sponsor, The Great American Magic Company.

And we welcome the newest members of The Friends of The Magic Word: Jon Barr and Roger Gorss. Thank you, gentlemen, for your financial support of the podcast and your belief in keeping podcast going and free for all to enjoy. And thank all the rest of you for listening. Happy New Year!
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”