Chamber Magic in Chicago end of October

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

Chamber Magic in Chicago end of October

Postby erdnasephile » October 17th, 2016, 10:15 pm

Saw this on Mr. Cohen's blog:

https://www.chambermagic.com/2016/09

Any of you Chicago folks have tickets?

Steve Cohen

Re: Chamber Magic in Chicago end of October

Postby Steve Cohen » October 23rd, 2016, 8:24 pm

Yes this is true - I'll be presenting four shows at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago this coming weekend: Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29. Showtimes are 7pm and 9pm. When I planned this tour location in Chicago several months ago, I had no idea that the Cubs would end up in the World Series! As it happens, my shows will overlap with Game 3 and Game 4 of the World Series, held at Wrigley Field.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 29th, 2016, 11:31 am

My sister attended Chamber Magic in Chicago last night and said it was absolutely fabulous! Mr. Cohen was funny, fast-paced, likeable and very skilled. Every spectator participated in some way during the show. (She was especially baffled by "Think a Drink". Her husband was the person chosen to identify one of the drinks--unfortunately, he's a non-drinker so he wasn't able to personally confirm the Mohito. :) ) She also said Mr. Cohen announced there were still some seats available for Saturday's shows and to "tell your friends if they want to come." So I am!

PS: She noted that despite the WS, driving downtown was pretty easy because all the traffic is clustered around the Wrigley side of town instead of where the Waldorf is.

Steve Cohen

Postby Steve Cohen » November 3rd, 2016, 7:31 pm

Thank you for your kind words. All of the Chicago shows ended up selling out, which was a miracle considering that the Cubs were playing in the World Series at the same exact time! I had a great time, and spent an invigorating morning with Simon Aronson and Ginny at their beautiful home.

My new website launched today -- please have a look, and I'm welcome to any comments or suggestions.
http://www.chambermagic.com

There are still some technical issues - it is a work in progress. Chamber Magic will be moving in the spring to a new home in midtown Manhattan. An announcement will be coming soon. Thank you!

Return to “Buzz”