Abbott's Get Together, P.C.A.M. and MAGIC Live, oh my!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

Abbott's Get Together, P.C.A.M. and MAGIC Live, oh my!

Postby Scott Wells » August 19th, 2016, 10:58 am

Wow, what a whirlwind of magic conventions over the past couple weeks...and with the T.A.O.M. coming up in two weeks, my season of daily podcast reports isn't quite yet over. I posted ten, count 'em, ten podcasts (so far) during August. For those of you who subscribe or regularly follow The Magic Word, you already know, have downloaded or heard the convention reports. For those who haven't or are new or are interested in any of the three named conventions or enjoy listening to and learning from other magicians, then this post is for you.

Podcasts 306-310 covered Abbott's Get Together and included a "pre-con" podcast visit to the new headquarters of Magic, Inc. and the Chicago Magic Lounge. In all of these podcasts, we have chats with dealers, organizers, talent and registrants, many of whom you know and some you don't but all are fascinating conversationalists.

Podcast 311 was submitted by Fred King, a "Friend of The Magic Word" and featured a chat with Shawn Farquhar and Michael Dardant along with a panel discussion with SAM and IBM Presidents.

Podcasts 312-315 covered MAGIC Live with lots of content and my visits with Stan Allen, Luis Piedrahita, Fielding West, Peter Samelson, Pierric, Bizzaro, Marvyn Roy, Rudy Coby, Enrico de la Vega, Mac King, and...well, the list goes on.

Make some time to hear some interviews from so many great magicians all packed into one month. I suggest you eat this elephant one "byte" at a time. Enjoy!

And if you do enjoy the podcasts and have the ability to support The Magic Word, it would certainly be appreciated. Aside from the long hours of recording and even longer hours of designing unique graphics, videos, blogs, editing and uploading the podcasts, I also incur WiFi costs at the hotels in order to get the speedier access. So any financial help you can give to The Magic Word to help offset the production costs would be greatly appreciated. More info on how you can help at http://www.patreon.com/TheMagicWord
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”