Harry Lorayne Live Online Lecture

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Gilbert

Harry Lorayne Live Online Lecture

Postby Tom Gilbert » July 22nd, 2016, 9:10 pm

Harry will be giving a live online lecture on Saturday, July 30, at 5pm Eastern. He'll cover some classics along with items from his new book, "Jaw Droppers". Cost is $49.95 and you have online access to the lecture afterward, and will receive a DVD of the lecture.
Over half of the spots are taken at this point. Here's the link to sign up:
https://business-hangouts.com/register. ... F8MTAwMzMz

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Harry Lorayne Live Online Lecture

Postby Q. Kumber » July 23rd, 2016, 6:52 am

Great idea. Harry always gives tremendous value.

However the link is not the easiest path to follow. The text on the webpage is white on black. Not easy to read especially when half of it is over a photo of Harry's head. It's also not obvious how to scroll down to read the text. Plus the link to register (if you can find it) takes you to a test page with no option that I could find to register, only share on social media.

You'll never find an ad from Harry himself that made it difficult to order! ;)

Perhaps a word with the webpage designer?

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » July 23rd, 2016, 7:43 am

Q. Kumber wrote:Great idea. Harry always gives tremendous value.

However the link is not the easiest path to follow. The text on the webpage is white on black. Not easy to read especially when half of it is over a photo of Harry's head. It's also not obvious how to scroll down to read the text. Plus the link to register (if you can find it) takes you to a test page with no option that I could find to register, only share on social media.

It is definitely difficult to read and follow.

It also took me a few minutes to realize that the boxes for Google, Facebook, etc. held the links to the registration process. I used the last one to register via email which let me pay via PayPal. The PayPal transaction was processed quickly. I also received a confirmation email right away.

My confirmation email, however, was also a bit confusing because it contained some information about a time change that was apparently announced previously (before I became aware of this lecture through an email from Harry) but is now not going to happen at that time. It also doesn't help that there seems to be a closing typographical error which, after the email states that the lecture will be at 2pm Pacific Time in several places, ends by saying the lecture is at 2pm Eastern Time. I'm presuming the lecture is really at 2pm Pacific Time/5pm Eastern Time as that is also what Harry's email announcement says.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » July 23rd, 2016, 7:59 am

Thanks, I'll pass the info on to the organizer.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » July 23rd, 2016, 9:44 am

Yes, 2 Pacific and 5PM Eastern. He's changed up the page to be easier to read and using the scroll bar to the right will show more info on the lecture.

Return to “Buzz”