Feb 2 - Brian Gillis on Johnny Carson

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Feb 2 - Brian Gillis on Johnny Carson

Postby Dustin Stinett » February 2nd, 2016, 5:06 pm

Tonight's episode of "Here's Johnny" on Antenna TV features the close-up magic of Brian Gillis. Brian was one of Johnny's favorites and I believe, like Dean Dill, had the pleasure of sessioning with Johnny many times.

JFox

Re: Feb 2 - Brian Gillis on Johnny Carson

Postby JFox » February 3rd, 2016, 4:01 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Dustin.

Brian Gillis killed (should we expect anything less?). Rapid fire miracle after miracle.

Johnny didn't get a chance to assist in any of the routines, and he audibly said something like: "Hey, I'm here too, you know".

Jay Leno's reputation for his distain for magicians showed here. While he was somewhat respectful and didn't grab the props, his attitude seemed like he thought of Brian as nothing more than a "prop magician/comic".

Here in Los Angeles, the Johnny Carson Show airs at 8PM and 11PM - on "Antenna TV".

Mr. Charming

Postby Mr. Charming » February 10th, 2016, 12:49 pm

I live outside US but I just did a google search for "Brian Gillis Johny Carson" and 3 clips pop up (they are in sequence).

I never heard of BG until very recently that I saw a video clip of his performance in the Magic Castle (Youtube).

I became a fan of this guy. Very, very good show, with excellent magic and audience response. He did all the tought stuff life thought of card, palming, top change, etc. very smoothly. It shows he's a true worker.

Mr. Charming

Postby Mr. Charming » February 10th, 2016, 12:56 pm

I watched the first clip of Johny casron and realized is almost the same repertoire as in the Magic Castle :lol:

Return to “Buzz”