Hollywood Christmas Parade makes magic

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jonathan Pendragon

Hollywood Christmas Parade makes magic

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » November 30th, 2015, 4:29 am

Tonight the annual Hollywood Christmas Parade took magic seriously. The show will air on the CW network on December 11th. This has been a tradition in pure Hollywood style. Why film a Christmas Parade in November and then show it in December, because in December the weather sucks.

The Grand Marshals were Penn and Teller, can you imagine. It was so cool to see cutting edge performers so honored. Their show, Fool Us, airs on the CW, It's brilliant. I performed on one of the two concert stages, representing Master of Illusion. I presented Metamorphosis with my padawan Diana Taweel who is taking a family name as her stage name, hence Diana Wolfe. She was wonderful and did a complete costume change in the tradition of my first partner, Charlotte.

The moment that meant the most to me was a chance encounter with Teller. Diana's father had worked on The Asparagus Valley Cultural Society as a director. Diana really wanted to meet Penn and Teller because she had archival photos of her father working with them and, of course, because of what they have done for magic. We had just performed and were being shuttled back to the main dressing rooms (driving in a giant golf kart down a red carpeted Hollywood Blvd. (one of my weirder experiences) We came to stop to let parade elements through and there was Teller with Penn a little further off on the sidewalk. I couldn't believe it, Diana got her wish and Teller got a connection to archival photos, see magic really does exist.

Return to “Buzz”