Magic topic on Family Feud

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Magic topic on Family Feud

Postby Bill Marquardt » November 18th, 2015, 7:44 pm

I am not sure what validity this has, but on the TV show Family Feud, the question was:

"If a stripper was also a magician, what would she pull out of her g-string?"

Here are the top 7 answers:

1. Rabbit
2. Money
3. A woman's "joy toy"
4. Flower
5. Handkerchief
6. Magic wand
7. Food / eggplant

I guess Ursula Martinez can vouch for the handkerchief, but I hope she never goes for an eggplant.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Magic topic on Family Feud

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 19th, 2015, 12:45 am

I can't even imagine these potential answers being given on commercial TV. An eggplant? Jeez.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » November 19th, 2015, 2:30 am

Television was bad enough when I was young, but if I had small children in my home now I would not allow them to watch TV after 7:00 pm. Have you ever watched our own Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother?

I am opposed to censorship, but "Wow."

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » November 19th, 2015, 7:10 am

I have unfortunately watched a lot of Family Feud over the past few years. With limited TV access where I was living, it was the best thing on TV during the time I'd prepare dinner. I quickly discovered that this was not the horrible Family Feud from the days of ol' kissy face Richard Dawson. It was far, Far, FAR worse.

The contestants have gotten even dumber and both they and the writers seem to enjoy pushing the censors to the limit and shocking host Steve Harvey. Sometimes the man just stands there shaking his head in disbelief. Other times he can't refrain from laughing hysterically and making fun of the contestants. Still other times he contributes to the insanity. I saw all of these when they were broadcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDQetso2cQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXK2de97Xo

It's like the entire run of the show is on You Tube just to prove that it really happened.

Perhaps we can add some more magic and help make this show disappear.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 19th, 2015, 8:28 am

Bill Marquardt wrote:Television was bad enough when I was young, but if I had small children in my home now I would not allow them to watch TV after 7:00 pm.

I have an 8 year old son, and share your pain. I don't think there is anything at all on prime time network TV that isn't PG or worse. We gave up cable -- TCM was about all we would watch, and it wasn't worth the $90 a month package it took to get it.

We watch a lot of PBS, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.

Return to “Buzz”