Curtis Kam Exclusive Chicago Area Lecture Monday November 9

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Dobrowolski

Curtis Kam Exclusive Chicago Area Lecture Monday November 9

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » October 29th, 2015, 9:36 am

REMEMBER The Exclusive Curtis Kam Chicago Area Magic Lecture Monday November 9 at 7:00 PM!! Conjuror's Corner Magic Club.

Conjuror's Corner meets at Mr. Beef & Pizza 1796 South Elmhurst Road Mount Prospect, IL 60056 (847) 228-1210 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

I've seen most all of this magic and it is AMAZING!! You DO NOT want to miss this!!

The lecture is divided into four sections: 1) Professional Coin Work (including the Cylinder & Coins and the Okito Master routine) 2) Social magic with pocket change; 3) Theory applicable to all magic (including "It's fun to be fooled, and other lessons learned from Pro Wrestling.") and 4) My magic and where to get it. (A bit of a dealer show where I perform, but don't teach, all of my magic that's only available from other people) I promise something for everyone, whether you perform every night in your own theater, or just now and then in your own home. And, while the magic will likely involve coins, knives, dice, hardware, pearls, toys, thimbles and sticks, there won't be any card tricks, unless somebody asks.

About Curtis: Without bunnies, birds, boxes or babes, master manipulator Curtis Kam creates deep astonishment and pure magic for audiences all over the civilized world. He serves up expertly crafted mysteries and gourmet food for thought designed for modern imaginations. Gone are the tired Las Vegas clichés, the parade of shining “empty” boxes, the vacant, staring animals. Instead, enter the nearly lost world of genuine wonder where ordinary objects do extraordinary things, your card can be in nine places at the same time, complete strangers know what you are thinking and sensible adults do stupid things with a large rat trap.
Kam headlined “Magic in Paradise” at the Hale Koa Hotel for 13 years, performed tableside sleight-of-hand regularly at Dave and Buster’s, Tony Roma’s, TGI Fridays, and has entertained corporate and private audiences in Hawaii for over 40 years. He has designed illusions for “The Magic of Polynesia,” Honolulu marketing and media firms, trade shows, conventions, Ballet Hawaii, and Hawaii Opera Theater. Since 1989, he has performed as one-half of the mentalism and magic team Paranormal Guys with mythical radio personality Jon Kealoha. For even longer, he has created new magic and has lectured to magicians in Milan, Tokyo, Marseilles, Honolulu, California, Melbourne, Amsterdam, Washington, Las Vegas, Hollywood’s Magic Castle and London's Magic Circle.

Return to “Buzz”