AGT betting odds - Who will win?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tim Ellis

AGT betting odds - Who will win?

Postby Tim Ellis » September 15th, 2015, 9:29 pm

According to Gold Derby predictions, the ventriloquist Paul Zerdin has 63% odds in favour with 4/7 chances to win the finale.
He is followed by Piff the Magic Dragon, the comedian and magician, who has 13% odds in favour and 13/2 chances to become the winner of "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 10 (2015). The Golden Ball winning stand-up comedian Drew Lynch has 11% odds in favour and 8/1 chances to win.
Fans know that there are two acts competing from the field of music for the winner's crown, Benton Blount and The CraigLewis Band. According to the betting odds Benton Blount, the solo singer, has 6% chances to claim the victory with 16/1 probabilities to win. As for CraigLewis Band, the duo has 1% chances to defeat the remaining finalists and become the winner of "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 10 (2015) Finals.
Stevie Starr the Professional Regurgitator and Oz Pearlman the mentalist, each has 2% chances to win with 50/1 betting odds in favour. As for Gary Vider, the second stand-up comedian competing in the finals has only 1% probability to be crowned as winner. Uzeyer the acrobat, and Derek Hugh the comedian and magician have least or no chances of winning the finale, according to betting odds.
Meanwhile, Tyler the Awesome Guy of Gold Derby has made predictions and given rankings from first place to the 10th place to the finalists competing in the finale. According to him, Drew Lynch could land the first place and be crowned as the winner of "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 10 (2015). The second place could be occupied by Paul Zerdin, followed by Stevie Starr, Piff the Magic Dragon, Oz Pearlman, The CraigLewis Band, Uzeyer, Benton Blount, Derek Hughes and Gary Vider (in the ranking order).

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/63563/201 ... z3lrQj3mHj

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Re: AGT betting odds - Who will win?

Postby Doug Thornton » September 16th, 2015, 1:27 am

After watching tonight's finals, I'd say ventriloquist Paul Zerdin, Stevie Starr (the Professional Regurgitator) and mentalist Oz Pearlman are the three front-runners.
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

lybrary

Postby lybrary » September 16th, 2015, 5:20 am

For magic it is great that we have three magicians in the finals. I think that was never the case. Given that, magic is already a winner and we should be very happy about that.
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

mr_goat
Favorite Magician: Glenn Bishop

Postby mr_goat » September 16th, 2015, 6:33 am

lybrary wrote:For magic it is great that we have three magicians in the finals. I think that was never the case. Given that, magic is already a winner and we should be very happy about that.

Yeah, it's astonishing! And three really different types of magician too. Excellent for us all.
Yes, it is mrgoat, I just can't log in with old account.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » September 16th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Four magicians, not three. Some magicians are so good you don't realize they are.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » September 16th, 2015, 1:31 pm

I don't think Starr will win--he's gotten a lot of exposure over the years on scores of talent shows. He might not be fresh enough to score the top prize on AGT.

I wish Derek Hughes had picked a different routine to close with. I've never been overly fond of the Wenk rope routine. It's clever, but it came across more confusing than magical on this night. Mr. Hughes is great--I just wish he had really nailed it.

Oz Pearlman may well pull it off since the public may see him as being very different from an "ordinary" magician. I don't find his performance character particularly distinctive, but YMMV.

Me? I'm pulling for Piff.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » September 16th, 2015, 2:20 pm

Oz doesn't know what his effect is nor does he know how he is allegedlt producing that effect. He confuses enthusiasm for character and exclamations for scripting. He is a magic demonstrator. He does a trick and hides the method.

it is a testament to the promise and power of mentalism that he has gotten as far as he has. His performances do not deserve that credit.

I've seen Derek do a rope bit before with the stops and asides to the audience. It played much better when I saw it. I think the music may have been different if he even used music when I saw it.

Piff is very funny but I have grown weary of the joke. I wish him great success, but feel he excels in a shorter format. (15-20 minutes). Would like to see him perform live and in a more intimate space. Wonder how good he is working with the crowd. I suspect he would be very good at that.

Steve Star may have been around but most of the young people watching the show have never heard of him. I was worried his somewhat goofy persona may not be well received by the cool kid crowd, but they have been suitable impressed. He manages to combine shock and real amazement in his act - and unlike the shock attempted by some auditioning magicians over the years, his shock is not merely cheap ploys but something that engages while it repels.

skeptic555

Postby skeptic555 » September 20th, 2015, 1:15 am

Is it out of the question that any of them-but I am especially thinking of Derek Hughes-intentionally tanked in the finals? We know about the unpopular "management contact" the winners are bound to, and the money "over 40 years" ain't what it seems. So, get the maximum exposure, then don't win sounds like the best strategy, no? All that said, of the magicians, Starr was my favorite. Really compelling and a fun personality.

Return to “Buzz”