Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bob Farmer
Posts: 2110
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Short card above selection.

Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Bob Farmer » August 25th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Since #ark #ewis insists on hijacking discussions with irrelevant mumblings, bone-headed invective and fictional recollections, I thought there should be a place where he could just ramble on without fear of criticism or rebuttal.

This is the place.

Mark, please spew forth. Here you are safe from reality.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 25th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Dearie me, Farmer old chap. I am far too well mannered for that.

Ted M
Posts: 904
Joined: January 24th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz
Location: Madison, WI

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby Ted M » August 25th, 2015, 6:37 pm

At times M_ark L_ewis can operate in a mode where he provides thoughtful analysis and can usefully share his long experience with others.

But then it seems he flips an internal switch and shifts into a mode where he does nothing but smear excrement around on everything and everybody.

When he operates in this latter mode, he makes me not want to even visit the Genii forum anymore.

He's doing this now. He's once again turning this place into his personal sh!thouse.

Can he please be booted?

PickaCard
Posts: 332
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby PickaCard » August 25th, 2015, 6:48 pm

It's ironic that I used to find Mr. Goat's posts terribly annoying. They now pale in comparison to Performer's. He has so much to write, yet very little substance...

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 25th, 2015, 8:02 pm

I think this is a wonderful spot for all the complainers to vent their frustrations. Mr Goat can join in too if he wants. I promise not to post his thirty or so harassing obscene private emails to me. We can call it the GROUP THERAPY SECTION.

However it should be carefully noted that I NEVER ATTACK ANYONE UNLESS THEY ATTACK ME FIRST. If you want the "thoughtful analysis" mode then all you have to do is shut up and listen and not show rudeness to me. I will be happy to discuss my philosphy with respect and in a constructive manner. However, in order for that to happen then you will have to be respectful to me.

Why is it that I have been on several other forums for YEARS without any problems? Do you perhaps think that they may know something you don't?

I don't suffer fools gladly and regrettably there are a lot of fools in the world of magic. I have tried to be polite since I have been here this time but if I am going to be heckled I will be rude right back and if you can't take it then you shouldn't have been nasty in the first place.

It has not escaped my attention that ONLY egomaniacs get upset by me. I have never, ever had a modest magician ever attack me. It is a very simple matter to deal with me. Just be polite. That is all you have to do. Mr Farmer reacted out of proportion to a simple question. Richard explained my query and it would have been left like that if there had not been such a furious over-the-top reaction.

Now I shall leave this little spot for you all to vent your frustrations. I do like the attention after all.
Last edited by performer on August 26th, 2015, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Max Maven
Posts: 423
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Hollywood, CA
Contact:

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby Max Maven » August 25th, 2015, 8:42 pm

performer wrote:[I]t should be carefully noted that I NEVER ATTACK ANYONE UNLESS THEY ATTACK ME FIRST.


I will politely comment that while this may be currently so, it has not been true in the past.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 25th, 2015, 10:17 pm

I don't necessarily accept that but even if it is true-that was then and this is now.

And it is NOW that Richard invited me. In the past I invited myself so naturally different rules apply.

OneMoreTime
Posts: 6
Joined: July 23rd, 2015, 1:34 am

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby OneMoreTime » August 27th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Eternally Yours (1939) w/ David Niven as the magician.

The Time Travellers (1964) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucKYi4Cz64

The Silver Chalice (1954)

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: [censored] Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 28th, 2015, 12:00 am

OneMoreTime wrote:Eternally Yours (1939) w/ David Niven as the magician.

The Time Travellers (1964) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucKYi4Cz64

The Silver Chalice (1954)


I was expecting you old chap. I know where you have come from. However, you are going a bit off topic, you know. Mr Farmer set up this section so you could talk about ME, a subject I consider infinitely more important than a silly movie concerning time travel.

Steve Hook
Posts: 797
Joined: October 21st, 2008, 11:50 am
Favorite Magician: Daryl, Ammar, Williamson, Malone, Wonder, Mullica, Carney, David Stone...in any order you wish.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

Re: [Censored] Troll Forum

Postby Steve Hook » August 28th, 2015, 3:37 am

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)

Dougini
Posts: 39
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Dougini » August 28th, 2015, 6:56 am

One thing I MUST remind everyone. Remember where we are. A Magic Forum! Not FaceBook. Not some trash forum littered with sewage-filled hate! And what are we? MAGICIANS! Think about that. Mark Lewis is an incredible Pitchman/Performer! So he is a salty Brit! I know a LOT of them!

Respect is PARAMOUNT in ALL cases! Magic is a hobby for most of us. We come here for help and inspiration. To be enlightened in this enchanted world of ours! Why, in God's name, would ANYONE cast HATE here? I mean HERE, of ALL places?

I refuse to play that. I don't know Mark. I have just discovered him here. I have learned more about eye contact, sensitivity to privacy and the "mind your own business" aspect from Mark, than any other person from the UK I have ever known! I get his dry humor! I LOVE IT! He, to me, is a breath of fresh air!

I really like Brad, too. In fact, I am amused by Mr Goat, too! I am NOT amused by the hate! That really has to STOP! One thing that does rile me, is being called a liar, or accused of ulterior motives. I try to resolve any conflicts by PM. And I will be the first to agree to disagree amiably.

Remember, THIS IS ABOUT MAGIC!! How can we be better, enjoy it more, and hey, how about a new effect/sleight? Leave the HATE and vile attitudes for FaceBook and the rest of the 'net! We are FAR above that...

Sincerely,

Doug C.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: [Censored] Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 28th, 2015, 9:21 am

Steve Hook wrote: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)


I am NOT a troll! I am merely someone who expresses their opinion in a superior manner.

Oh, and I am not the only troll here either. You have one in particular already here who has been around a lot longer than me. And the main difference is that I give valuable information away whereas he doesn't.

And the "normal on-topic discussion" here is very boring indeed. In fact I have a suspicion that is why Richard invited me in the first place. I must say I was quite surprised. Perhaps he remembered the time he took a vote as to whether I should stay or not and I got 71% vote in my favour. I will concede however that I get a psychic vibe that Mr Hook and Mr Farmer were not part of that landslide victory. Still, someone has to vote for the Green Party in elections.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 28th, 2015, 9:35 am

Dougini wrote:One thing I MUST remind everyone. Remember where we are. A Magic Forum! Not FaceBook. Not some trash forum littered with sewage-filled hate! And what are we? MAGICIANS! Think about that. Mark Lewis is an incredible Pitchman/Performer! So he is a salty Brit! I know a LOT of them!

Respect is PARAMOUNT in ALL cases! Magic is a hobby for most of us. We come here for help and inspiration. To be enlightened in this enchanted world of ours! Why, in God's name, would ANYONE cast HATE here? I mean HERE, of ALL places?

I refuse to play that. I don't know Mark. I have just discovered him here. I have learned more about eye contact, sensitivity to privacy and the "mind your own business" aspect from Mark, than any other person from the UK I have ever known! I get his dry humor! I LOVE IT! He, to me, is a breath of fresh air!

I really like Brad, too. In fact, I am amused by Mr Goat, too! I am NOT amused by the hate! That really has to STOP! One thing that does rile me, is being called a liar, or accused of ulterior motives. I try to resolve any conflicts by PM. And I will be the first to agree to disagree amiably.

Remember, THIS IS ABOUT MAGIC!! How can we be better, enjoy it more, and hey, how about a new effect/sleight? Leave the HATE and vile attitudes for FaceBook and the rest of the 'net! We are FAR above that...

Sincerely,

Doug C.


Hear, hear! (As we say in the British parliament). Oddly enough although I detest Facebook I do have a facebook magic group where naturally I am a wonderful moderator. I never have even a whiff of trouble for some odd reason. No conflict whatsoever. I did get terribly bored with it and decided to let it lapse but just lately a whole bunch of people have decided to join and I have no idea what to do with the bloody place.

It is called "Not The Magic Cafe" with the sub heading "Magicians Annoying Magicians" but oddly enough we couldn't annoy anyone. No doubt this is the reason I got bored with it. And strangely enough although it had a magic cafe theme I always insisted on respect for the green place and nobody was allowed to be terribly rude about it. The original idea was to link to magic cafe topics and discuss them and that still occasionally happens but in the end we all got bored with it and we hardly talk about the magic cafe any more.

Or much else come to that. However, that is because I have been neglecting the place and can't be bothered with it. I should probably do something about it but I have been far too busy lately with my trade show work.

P.T.Widdle
Posts: 694
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 1:51 pm
Location: New York City

Re: [Censored] Troll Forum

Postby P.T.Widdle » August 28th, 2015, 11:27 am

performer wrote:Perhaps he remembered the time he took a vote as to whether I should stay or not


Why would a vote be taken in the first place? (rhetorical question. please don't answer)

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 28th, 2015, 12:19 pm

Since this is a thread about my favourite subject (ME!) I most certainly will answer. The reason a vote was taken in the first place is because I am a terribly important person. And terribly important people always have critics. The most criticised person in the entire world is the President of The United States. That is because he is the most important one.

Big celebrity magicians that get criticised rather more than very little known ones such as Mr Widdle. So far only Brad pays attention to him. However, I strongly suspect that if he tries very hard and becomes more prominent a vote can be taken about him too. There really is no need for him to be jealous about me.


performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » August 31st, 2015, 3:29 am

Indeed. And I have performed my hypnosis show in that very church! The Reverend in question was away that week but I heard he had endured quite a bit of ribbing from his congregation for having performed a hypnosis show! He knows of my existence and I know of his although we have never met. However, what he does not know is that I am a reverend just like himself although of a somewhat more dubious denomination.

Lest you think I am telling a tall story there is evidence of the matter on the home page of my website in the form of a testimonial from a client.

User avatar
magicalaurie
Posts: 7
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby magicalaurie » September 8th, 2015, 10:21 pm

I'll say I recently started reading here again and recognized you right away, Mark. Great writing style, I find. Highly entertaining. Perhaps that's not a critical enough comment for you, but it will have to do. :D

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » September 8th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Madam. You appear to have the misfortune of being Canadian and moreover live in Ontario. Do I know you?

I do thank you for the compliment which of course I richly deserve.

User avatar
magicalaurie
Posts: 7
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby magicalaurie » September 8th, 2015, 10:33 pm

No, Mark, you don't know me, but I've read your comments at the cafe and here and recognized your writing though your name here is "performer", was my meaning.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » September 8th, 2015, 10:38 pm

Delighted to make your acquaintance.

User avatar
magicalaurie
Posts: 7
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby magicalaurie » September 9th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Thank you.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » September 9th, 2015, 10:47 pm

You are of course welcome. And I do thank you for bringing this thread back to the top of the list. I do like the attention after all.

Dougini
Posts: 39
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Dougini » September 17th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Well, Mark! Allow me! LOL!

I just wanted to say HI to Laurie, since I am BANNED from The Cafe... :D

Doug

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » September 17th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Why did they ban you?

User avatar
magicalaurie
Posts: 7
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby magicalaurie » September 19th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Thanks, Doug. Hi. :)

Dougini
Posts: 39
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Dougini » September 21st, 2015, 11:07 am

performer wrote:Why did they ban you?


I'm not "kid-safe". They don't like me there, Mark! The "children might be corrupted!" Like YouTube won't do that! LOL! Then, FaceBook. They freaked out when I bypassed the Cafe censors. I use the word "damn" when appropriate. I put a dot in front (.damn) and it went thru! Tom Cutts got all kindsa pissed off at me! LOL! Oh well. I'm not missed there...

Doug

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » September 21st, 2015, 11:56 am

Did they ban you forever or was it just one of those temporary things? And who moderates the moderators? After all, they are posting too! I know Steve Brooks hardly looks at the Magic Cafe.

Dougini
Posts: 39
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Banned From The Magic Cafe

Postby Dougini » March 18th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Not permanently. Two months. But, I have not been back. I'm not missed by ONE person! So, what's the point? This place feels more like home...

Doug

Leo Garet
Posts: 247
Joined: March 14th, 2015, 9:14 am
Favorite Magician: Nobody In Particular

Re: Banned From The Magic Cafe

Postby Leo Garet » March 18th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Dougini wrote:Not permanently. Two months. But, I have not been back. I'm not missed by ONE person! So, what's the point? This place feels more like home...

Doug

Magicians are so fickle.
:)

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » March 18th, 2016, 7:56 pm

Does that mean that Doug has returned to the magic cafe? It is not that he is fickle. It is simply that this place is dreadfully boring! Not enough conversation and nobody shows much response to posts. In fact I received a private message actually advising me not to post anything substantive since nobody seems to appreciate it.

That wouldn't normally deter me but there isn't a lot going on here and that is the stark reality of the situation. The Magic Cafe has its faults but by nature of its size it does tend to be a trifle more exciting.

observer
Posts: 289
Joined: August 31st, 2014, 5:32 am
Favorite Magician: Harry Kellar - Charlie Miller - Paul Rosini - Jay Marshall
Location: Chicago

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby observer » March 18th, 2016, 8:59 pm

performer wrote:Does that mean that Doug has returned to the magic cafe? It is not that he is fickle. It is simply that this place is dreadfully boring!


Gee, I don't know. Some of the discussions about whether Erdnase was a geologist or a lithographer got pretty heated!!!

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » March 18th, 2016, 9:47 pm

If you are interested in that sort of thing I suppose. Personally I don't give a stuff who Erdnase was. I can do most of the moves in Erdnase and that is all I care about. Most of them are pretty basic.

As to his identity just from reading the book I knew immediately he wasn't a card sharp or gambler. It wouldn't surprise me if he had never played cards in his life. It is like all those idiot magicians who write books about fortune telling and cold reading and they have never done a paid reading in their life. Real card cheats only know one or two moves and the people I know do them very crudely indeed. They certainly wouldn't know that breadth of sleight of hand especially in those days. You should be looking for a magician of those days who was very skilled in sleight of hand. And possibly not of those days. I have a psychic vibe that it was written much later than you all think. No evidence. Just a vibe. Call it gut instinct. I bet the book was written in the 1930s and I don't care if all the evidence shows otherwise. I am psychic and know these things.

Leo Garet
Posts: 247
Joined: March 14th, 2015, 9:14 am
Favorite Magician: Nobody In Particular

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Leo Garet » March 19th, 2016, 11:25 am

performer wrote:Does that mean that Doug has returned to the magic cafe? It is not that he is fickle.

The fickle magicians I referred to are the ones who did not miss him. Not Doug himself.
But you weren't to know that, which is unusual considering your all-seeing wotsit power.
:)

Dougini
Posts: 39
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: I have not posted (so far) at the Cafe

Postby Dougini » March 31st, 2016, 8:01 pm

Nope.

I have gone and read there. I signed in and not one PM. Good reading at the Cafe to be sure. But after this long...nothing I have contributed has made any difference. And that's cool! So...I am a lurker now. The mods like it that way. Hee hee! 8-)

Doug

Dougini
Posts: 39
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Continuing A Bit Off-Topic

Postby Dougini » April 15th, 2016, 11:57 am

It didn't take long for the Cafe to discover Mark Lewis was back and they BANNED him again! LOL! Now I see they have BANNED Harry Lorayne! My gosh...those trolls egged him on and baited him! Are they BANNED? Nope. A bunch of trolls caused Bob Cassidy to pretty much give up posting. Times have certainly changed. Sad...

Doug

User avatar
Brad Jeffers
Posts: 831
Joined: April 11th, 2008, 5:52 pm
Location: Savannah, GA

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Brad Jeffers » April 15th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Dougini,
You might also like THIS PLACE.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » April 15th, 2016, 5:03 pm

I haven't been on the Magic Cafe for months! And certainly not in the last few weeks. I have actually been in Western Canada! They must have banned someone else thinking it was me! It happens quite often!

User avatar
Bill Marquardt
Posts: 385
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 11:16 am
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Bill Marquardt » April 15th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Just for the record, and I am NOT defending the Cafe, Mr. Lorayne is not banned there. He was given a temporary ban as a "time out" which is over. He is free to post there if he wishes. I posted a message to the adminstrators over there that, like many others, I totally disagree with his banishment in the first place. As a result I have had a private discussion with a board manager who insists it was the right thing to do in spite of Mr. Lorayne's status. I disagree for reasons that others have mentioned, primarily that when Harry became "offensive" it almost always was in response to some jerk egging him on.

Dougini, I do not know the circumstances of your banning, but as I told you earlier, I believe that to be a mistake also. I do not recall you ever being out of line over there.

I am taking a risk by writing this post because one or two people here always jump on me when I mention the Cafe, assuming that I am speaking in its defense or that I am a bff of Steve. The Cafe is what it is. Take it or leave it. Obviously many persons have left it. You know, there is one member of this board that owes me an apology big time for a totally offensive remark he made to me following a post of mine that had absolutely nothing to do with him and in which I had stated no opinion for or against anything he had done or said. I am not holding my breath until I receive it.

performer
Posts: 2280
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby performer » April 15th, 2016, 5:28 pm

And what was that about, pray? You should probably post a link to it.


Return to “Buzz”