Lee Grabel - RIP

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Lee Grabel - RIP

Postby Dustin Stinett » July 28th, 2015, 7:57 pm

There are reports that Lee Grabel has passed away.
Our condolences to his family and friends.

http://www.leegrabelmagic.com/biography.html

Diego

Re: Lee Grabel - RIP

Postby Diego » July 29th, 2015, 1:44 am

Very sad to hear. One of the BEST shows I ever saw was performed by Lee Grabel decades ago in Santa Rosa, Calif., in a converted ice arena, then owned by Charles "Peanuts" Schultz.
Lee Grabel made his entrance from the rear of the theater, walking down the aisle, graciously greeting people in his cape and top hat in hand...as we walked up on stage and turned and smiled, that audience was HIS. Only John Calvert had the same ability to have, "It" and know how to use, "It", for maximum effect, BEFORE he did anything.
The variety of segments in his show, from card and coin manipulation, to audience participation, to illusions were all done wonderfully. His "Floating Piano" was a great illusion that he hyped well to his advantage.(The piano and the lady playing it, rose and rotated 360 degrees, as she played, "I'm Sitting on top of the World."

A very classy performer and gentleman that I am glad to have seen.

Such memories! Drove from San Francisco with Bob Wasserlein and Woody Woodward, then after the show went to "Red" Henning's ranch for a reception/party afterwards.

Return to “Buzz”