Worlds Greats feat (feet) of Magic

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jonathan Pendragon

Worlds Greats feat (feet) of Magic

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » July 27th, 2015, 12:57 am

I am at family get together with West so I missed my appearance on the TV show "Don't Blink." I believe it was the segment where I presented my original card effect "Feat of Magic" for international star Ronn Moss. In the run up "Blink" used the catch to hype the series. My question for those who saw it. Did you feel the trick was spoiled because of all the pre-show and pre-segment teasers. When I present it, I inform the audience that they will see the "Worlds Greatest Feat of Magic!" The impression I give is that I will catch the card mid-air with my hand. Only after the effect is completed do I point to my foot with card between my toes and exclaim, "The worlds greatest feet of magic."

;

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Re: Worlds Greats feat (feet) of Magic

Postby Doug Thornton » July 27th, 2015, 1:25 pm

I can't speak from a layman's point of view because I figured where you were going with it.

However, my feeling is that the POP TV teasers didn't telegraph the finale.

And congratulations, Jonathan for being on two TV shows this season (Masters of Illusion on the CW is the other one)!
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » July 27th, 2015, 2:01 pm

And congratulations, Jonathan for being on two TV shows this season (Masters of Illusion on the CW is the other one)!

Make that 3. Also saw him on episodes of "Extreme Escapes" on the Reelz channel this year!
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » July 28th, 2015, 7:20 am

I am home and I saw it. I thought it went really well and caught my goofy close-up persona right on the nose. My only regret was that a gag came off looking like a really long load. I load very fast and then I do this bit were I apparently fall asleep while the spectator is shuffling. It plays better in person. My wife belongs to a writer's newsgroup, many of whom have become my fans because of the TV shows. When they saw Feet of Magic, their response was, "Finally, he smiled."

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » July 28th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Doug Thornton wrote:However, my feeling is that the POP TV teasers didn't telegraph the finale.

Yeah Jonathan, don't worry.
Why would you be concerned that this teaser could possibly have telegraphed the denouement? ;)

Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » August 2nd, 2015, 4:36 pm

Humor, a difficult concept to grasp. :D

Return to “Buzz”